Guess the Year, Round 2

Yasssssssssssssssssssss

Now share with everyone why it had to be between 1991-1994

There may be other ways of telling, but I was looking at my area - Bowling Green, Warren Central, and Franklin-Simpson were in 3A together for only 8 years - 1991-1994 and 1999-2002. Expanding further than that, Jessamine County is listed there, and they split into two schools in the mid-1990s, chopping those last four years off.

I chose 1991 because of Ashland's high ranking. Figured that had to be coming off of 1990.

1991 CJ All-State Defense

1991_CJ_All_State_Def.pdf

1991 CJ All-State Offense

1991_CJ_All_State_Off.pdf

Names of special note:

As mentioned Chester Ford was a special player, whatever happened to him?

K David Akers was a Junior

Current UK OL Coach John Schlarman's Junior year

Pikeville's DeAnthony Honaker was a manchild.

Scotty Russell!

Daymon Carter was a bad dude.

Also, who was Steel Valley, PA for Danville or Boyle fans that may remember?

Interesting interstate matchup back when teams weren't travelling huge distances. Would love to know what the story was behind that game, obviously they were very good if they beat Danville in their prime.

Lloyd being in 1A was a tip off to the time frame for me. That year was championship number one for Coach Yeagle.

Along the same line, I was thinking it had to be in the early 90's because Boone County was still relevant at that time. Ryle opened in 1992 and the Boone County program started going downhill shortly after.

1991 CJ All-State Defense

[ATTACH]70367[/ATTACH]

1991 CJ All-State Offense

[ATTACH]70366[/ATTACH]

Names of special note:

As mentioned Chester Ford was a special player, whatever happened to him?

K David Akers was a Junior

Current UK OL Coach John Schlarman's Junior year

Pikeville's DeAnthony Honaker was a manchild.

Scotty Russell!

Daymon Carter was a bad dude.

Also, who was Steel Valley, PA for Danville or Boyle fans that may remember?

Interesting interstate matchup back when teams weren't travelling huge distances. Would love to know what the story was behind that game, obviously they were very good if they beat Danville in their prime.

Danville played them in Lexington at perhaps the Bluegrass Bowl or some other name. Steel Valley quarterback was Charlie Batch who would go on to play at Eastern Michigan and then for many years in the NFL.

I would have never guessed correctly, but DeSales being in 4A was a definite tip to older days.

Holy Cross receiving votes in 4A. In a couple years they’d be 1A. Does anyone know how many kids Holy Cross had in the late 80s/early 90s? They always punched above their weight.