Ryle 68 Dixie Heights 32 (9th Region Semifinals)

Ryle has really gotten better. They play great defense and look to immediately run. I think coach Haitz needs to be given much credit here. She has a number of young players that have dramatically improved over the year, particularly on defense. Of course Maddie's leadership can not be discounted either but from what I saw last night the Lady Raiders have built a culture of winning that will take them well into the 2020's.

I don’t remember who it was, but someone spent all off season talking up Dixie and how they would be the best in the region. That Ryle lost to many key pieces, and it would allow Dixie to be the better team this year. That definitely didn’t end up being the case. Dixie is a good team, but Ryle is a great team and has the best player in the state.

I don’t remember who it was, but someone spent all off season talking up Dixie and how they would be the best in the region. That Ryle lost to many key pieces, and it would allow Dixie to be the better team this year. That definitely didn’t end up being the case. Dixie is a good team, but Ryle is a great team and has the best player in the state.

I’m guessing that person wasn’t expecting the 8th graders and freshman to come up big for Ryle this year, and I doubt many did.

And with Dixie, injuries hurt them this year. 1 starter missing the entire year, and another starter going down as she was starting to hit her stride after last year’s knee injury.

I’m guessing that person wasn’t expecting the 8th graders and freshman to come up big for Ryle this year, and I doubt many did.

And with Dixie, injuries hurt them this year. 1 starter missing the entire year, and another starter going down as she was starting to hit her stride after last year’s knee injury.

Again, credit to Coach Haitz. Holtzman, Eubank, and Baker have all come of age. That is a 9th grader and 2 8th graders! I was especially impressed with Baker's improved post play. She is going to be tough to handle for 4 more years.