Mel Tucker Michigan State’s new HC

John Anthony

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a separate story Tucker is a Cleveland native with deep Ohio roots. I was telling a Sparty friend of mine connected to the program to just hire Vince Marrow, since everyone is saying no. Marrow is already taking all of the non-OSU guys to UK from Ohio.

Well in a plot twist Sparty just hired one of Marrow’s good buddies and his first call was to Vince to offer him a job.

So after being turned away by Fickell, an MSU trustee stated he was happy that they didn't land Fickell because they did not want a "waffling snowflake."

The next day they hire Mel Tucker, who had already claimed to not have interest in the job when it looked like Fickell had it locked. Tucker has coached in 11 different places in 22 years, including NFL stops. Fickell has coached in only 3 places in 20 years, including the last 18 where he has only been at OSU and UC (Meyer had to practically force him to even interview at UC).

Glad they didn't want the "waffling snowflake." Sour grapes I guess...

So after being turned away by Fickell, an MSU trustee stated he was happy that they didn't land Fickell because they did not want a "waffling snowflake."

The next day they hire Mel Tucker, who had already claimed to not have interest in the job when it looked like Fickell had it locked. Tucker has coached in 11 different places in 22 years, including NFL stops. Fickell has coached in only 3 places in 20 years, including the last 18 where he has only been at OSU and UC (Meyer had to practically force him to even interview at UC).

Glad they didn't want the "waffling snowflake." Sour grapes I guess...

5 million for Tucker! That’s more than what Day makes.

I would think UK would match whatever offer Sparty makes for Marrow, but Marrow is well paid now ($625,000 for the 2020 season and $650,000 for the 2021 season). UK should have their best team yet next year and Sparty seem like somewhat of a rebuild. I'm sure Marrow will get another raise, but doubt he leaves.

Are there NCAA sanctions on the horizon for MSU?

I would think UK would match whatever offer Sparty makes for Marrow, but Marrow is well paid now ($625,000 for the 2020 season and $650,000 for the 2021 season). UK should have their best team yet next year and Sparty seem like somewhat of a rebuild. I'm sure Marrow will get another raise, but doubt he leaves.

Are there NCAA sanctions on the horizon for MSU?

UK could likely afford to boost his pay. Doesn't each SEC school get a check from the conference for about $44 million each year (TV revenue, etc.)?