South Carolina 24 Kentucky 7

16thBBall Fan

Cats have got to find something that works at QB. I don’t disagree that Bowden is probably our best option, but even he did some silly stuff tonight that gives me pause. What about Wood? Is it even an option? Are we jumping the gun on all this and need to give Smith time? Probably would kill what little confidence Sawer has if Stoops were to give Walker more reps this week in practice, but I believe either he or Bowden need to be getting prepared to take the reigns and see what happens. 6 wins, would surprise me at this point.

Smith seems to be playing hurt. Obviously a hurt Smith is not the answer. And inserting Bowden at times but not as the full time QB was not the answer.

I am more convinced this team only succeeds with strong player leaders on both sides of the ball. And it has no leaders with TW going down and the fire of KD being cooled from his bad week.

I just read through the update thread and it would seem to me that we are mostly in agreement. All that’s left to do now is vote on who our quarterback is going forward and fill Stoops in on our decision. I’ll go with Wood. Why not? Don’t think the offense could get much worse.

Did I miss something? Why isn't Stoops letting Walker Wood take some snaps?

Unforunately Walker is just a shell of his old self. All of his injuries and surgeries he has had has taken a huge toll on his game . Just my personal take from seeing him day to day in practice.