Open Job: Ryle

Coach Roesel has stepped down at Ryle after 27 years on the job as baseball skipper for the Raiders. His first win came back on April 6, 1993 with a 3-2 win over Walton-Verona. Coach Roesel finishes up with record of 523-412-10 as head coach of the Raiders.

Well done, Coach.

Over 500 wins is very impressive. Nice job Pat!

Over 500 wins is very impressive. Nice job Pat!

Seemes to me he's leaving a pretty full cupboard of young talent for whomever the new coach will be. Very impressed with frosh catcher and shortstop, if my old memory is correct for a change.

Is he the only coach in school history? Can't remember off hand when Ryle opened but I know it was early 90s.

I was trying to look that up myself. Everything I've seen says Ryle was "founded" in 1992. If the school's first graduation class was 1992, then that means they either didn't have baseball in 1992 season, or they had someone other than Coach Roesel for one season in their first school year. If the school opened in Fall of 1992, then that would make Coach Roesel the only head baseball coach in school history.

I was trying to look that up myself. Everything I've seen says Ryle was "founded" in 1992. If the school's first graduation class was 1992, then that means they either didn't have baseball in 1992 season, or they had someone other than Coach Roesel for one season in their first school year. If the school opened in Fall of 1992, then that would make Coach Roesel the only head baseball coach in school history.

Pretty sure Roesel has been the only varsity coach in school history and Demler has been the only JV coach.

Pat is a great guy, a tireless worker, and a baseball purist. I don't know why he is choosing to retire now, but I'm thrilled if he is able to go out on his terms. He was a really good player at CovCath, but an even better leader of young men for the Raiders.

Wish he and his family all of the best!!!

School year beginning in Fall of '92 means the first baseball season would have been Spring of '93.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...