Food vices

bugatti

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is that food around the house that just gets you every time? You know it is not good for you, but you just have to get you some.

- Dark chocolate

- Hummus with Wheat Thins

- Cool Whip

Nothing wrong with dark chocolate...it has health benefits.

Hummus is actually a much healthier althernative than a lot of other snacks, especially with wheat thins.

I have no defense for Cool Whip...heck...it's not even real whipped cream. :lol:

My vices are cheese, ice cream and real butter. Although, I will defend the real butter with the statement that like real sugar, the laboratory-concocted alternatives seem scarier than just dealing with the issues that could result if partaking of the original.

Nothing wrong with dark chocolate...it has health benefits.

Hummus is actually a much healthier althernative than a lot of other snacks, especially with wheat thins.

I have no defense for Cool Whip...heck...it's not even real whipped cream. :lol:

My vices are cheese, ice cream and real butter. Although, I will defend the real butter with the statement that like real sugar, the laboratory-concocted alternatives seem scarier than just dealing with the issues that could result if partaking of the original.

The amounts of these three things I eat is what is disturbing. I burn a lot of calories so it does not kill me. I buy the frozen cool whip for an ice cream alternative and leave it in the freezer. Dark chocolate gets dominated by me if it is at the house.

Popsicles are a major food vice for me. Those who know me will tell you that I've ALWAYS got a stock of them in my freezer and I could literally go through 10 or 15 a day if I'd let myself. That's the only food vice that I'd say I actively maintain for the most part, but other things that I find a hard time walking away from are: hard pretzels, hummus & crackers, and Sour Patch Kids.

Another thing I guess I could qualify is macaroni and cheese. I'll very intentionally cook way more than is needed so I have leftovers for the next few days. I could eat mac & cheese every day for the rest of my life and be happy about it.

I'm famous in my family/friends/church folks/ as a Chocolate Chip Cookie expert. I've been known to drive quite of few miles out of my way to get some really good ones. if I have never ate one I'd be at least 20 pounds lighter. Ice cold milk is also a must.

I'm not allowed them any more (any sugar at all), but every now and then I'll grab one or two. I have given up sweet soft drinks /tea/etc. and I'm fine with that, but the cookies are breaking my heart.