Lewis County 63 Boyd County 60

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. March had alot of Help from the men in stripes.

Give me a break. Boyd can't dribble or pass. That's not the referees fault. They should be grateful that it took Mr March almost 3 1/2 quarters to figure out what everybody else already knew. Pressure Bye County and they will start throwing it to everyone in the gym.

Thought Lewis would win by 15. Boyd showed heart. Congrats to both teams! Lewis better be shooting at about 55+% to win the next one!

This was the worst game I saw Lewis play all year (with the exception of Smith). Their defense was horrible at best. The lack of effort was obvious, just standing around after a shot and not crashing the boards will get you drilled Friday night. A win is a win this time of year it's just survive and advance. Good luck agaist Rowan.

The one point can't be used as a non excuse cause that could change the game dramatically, take the one point difference away and give it back to Boyd County. They are in the lead by 1 point with the ball with 20 seconds to go & Lewis County would be fouling at that point instead of letting Boyd bring it up and turn it over. Referees could'nt do there job, and the score keepers had to help too.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

I never even noticed. I was keeping up with the score so I'm not sure this is a true statement.

This came from Maynard's notes in todays ADI

Phantom point

Lewis County was credited with an extra point at the end of the first quarter. At least that’s the way everybody on press row, including Morehead State’s stat crew, saw it.

Lewis was trailing 20-14 but the scoreboard — and apparently the official book — had it 20-15. The official scorebook had a made free throw by Zach Zornes but play-by-play sheets and media scorekeeping didn’t show it.

The error (at least from our side of the floor) was never corrected. Lewis, of course, won the game on Justin McCann’s 3-pointer at the buzzer off a nice assist from Smith.

Neither coach knew anything about the missing point that, officially, was never really missing.