What exactly are Revs. Jackson and Sharpton's Credentials???

mexitucky

These guys are like bad lawyers, they show up AFTER a problem has arisen. Are they active in communities before the stuff hits the fan? I see them as promoting the problem and allowing race to be used as a crutch. As I am very ignorant on their backgrounds, can someone more informed please inform me of their pasts?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have photos of myself with a number of professional athletes, entertainers and politicians.

One of my faves is with famed olympics gymnastics coach Béla Károlyi. The point is, I don't think anyone would mistake me for Mary Lou Retton. :lol:

Jesse is no King.

Jackson

Jesse Jackson is a "professional civil rights activist and Baptist minister"

In 1965, Jesse Jackson participated in Martin Luther King, Jr.’s movement in Selma, Alabama.

In June 1984, Jackson negotiated the release of twenty-two Americans being held in Cuba after an invitation by Cuban president Fidel Castro.

According to an AP-AOL black voices poll in Feb 2006, Jackson was voted "the most important black leader" with 15% of the vote. He was followed by Condoleezza Rice with 11%.

On June 23rd, 2007 Jackson was arrested in connection with a crowd protesting at a gun store in Riverdale, a poor suburb of Chicago, IL. Jackson was protesting the fact that the gun store (allegedly) had been selling firearms to local gang members and was contributing to the decay of the community. According to police reports, Jackson refused to stop blocking the front entrance of the store and let customers pass. He was charged with one count of criminal trespass to property.

Jackson has been criticized for some of the remarks he has made about Jews and Jewish issues.

Sharpton

Al Sharpton is an "American Baptist minister and political, civil rights, and social justice activist."

In 1969, Sharpton was appointed by Jesse Jackson as youth director of Operation Breadbasket, a group that focused on the promotion of new and better jobs for African-Americans.

In 1971, Sharpton founded the National Youth Movement to raise resources for impoverished youth.

In 1991, Sharpton founded the National Action Network to increase voter education, poverty services, and support small community businesses.

Sharpton is a supporter of equal rights for gays and lesbians, including same-sex marriage. Sharpton is leading a grassroots movement to eliminate homophobia within the Black church.

Sharpton has also spoken out against cruelty to animals in a video recorded for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

Sharpton was quoted as saying to an audience at Kean College in 1994 that, “White folks was in caves while we was building empires ... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” Sharpton defended his comments by noting that the term “homo” was not homophobic but added that he no longer uses the term.

During 2007, Sharpton was accused of bigotry for comments he made on May 7, 2007, concerning presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his religion, Mormonism:

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

source: wiki

Jesse Jackson is standing next to Martin Luther King Jr. in the last picture taken of him alive. As far as background, that should tell you initially where he comes from. Now that was 1968; much has happened since then.

Yes, and people close to King have said many times that that King did not trust Jackson and looked at him as a self promoter.

These guys are like bad lawyers, they show up AFTER a problem has arisen. Are they active in communities before the stuff hits the fan? I see them as promoting the problem and allowing race to be used as a crutch. As I am very ignorant on their backgrounds, can someone more informed please inform me of their pasts?
Sharpton and Jackson are worse than bad lawyers. Most bad lawyers are color blind (except for green) but Sharpton, Jackson, and Associates look first at the color of the skin and last at the merits of the case.

Al Sharpton - Baptist Minister

Jesse Jackson - Baptist Minister

Jerry Falwell - Baptist Minister

Am I detecting a pattern here?

Don't forget

Al Mohler - Baptist Minister and President of Southern Seminary (Frequent guest of Larry King & TV News)

Billy Graham - Baptist Evangelist

Charles Stanley - Baptist Minister and TV Preacher

Baptists have more branches than a willow tree. :lol: