NewCath 14 Holy Cross 0

bbleser

Sloppy one The Breds offense kept on shooting it self in the foot . One or two lost fumbles an interception in the end zone at least four maybe five shotgun snaps through the quarterbacks hands and some personal fouls stalled a lot of drives . The defense stepped up big in this one . As bad as the Breds offense looked Holy Cross' looked worse . But it is still a win . Good thing the next week is the bye week .

I'd like to credit the NCC and the Holy Cross defenses but good golly the offenses were so inept it is hard to tell how good the defenses were.

NCC dropped 5 or 6 passes that would have been nice gains, had about a negative 70 yards on 4 bad snaps (including 24 on the first play of the second half), fumbled the ball, threw an INT in the endzone on second and goal from the 3, assosrted holds and personal fouls. Oh and when they punted it would roll into the endzone by a foot or two.

Holy Cross ran about 5 plays and 85% of them were the QB takes the ball down the line and either hands it off for no gain or keeps it for no gain. Crossed midfield twice both times by NCC personal fouls. Longest offensive play of the night was a pass from punt formation which really wasn't a designed fake, but was thrown when the NCC defender decided to leave the wide man all alone and walk up to join everyone on the line.

I'm guessing neither offense wanted to show a lot because they will see each other again but Zzzzzzzz's on this one tonight.

Kinda felt like Holy Cross coaching staff kinda gave up when the had about 4th and 7 at midfield with 4 min left and they punted... if HC had any passing game at all this would have been a game... it was just like they were not even going to try to throw the ball even though thats what it would have taken to win the game...

On the NCC side they played awful on offense, by far the worst they have played all season... mental mistake followed by another and so on...But the defense was just great as always, only 50 yds at half and 30 of that was on a fake punt... Lucky to get out of there with victory

Holy Cross could not run the ball effectively against NCC defense which played very well. NewCath on the other hand if they ran the ball more with the speed they have they would have won this game going away. To many dropped passes right in the hands of the receivers. With Kelly in the backfield I feel they did not use him enough. On 2nd and goal in the second quarter they should of ran the ball four straight times with that offensive line. I was impressed with NewCath speed and size and was surprised they threw the ball as much as they did. They will be tough to handle down the road. JD

I'd like to credit the NCC and the Holy Cross defenses but good golly the offenses were so inept it is hard to tell how good the defenses were.

NCC dropped 5 or 6 passes that would have been nice gains, had about a negative 70 yards on 4 bad snaps (including 24 on the first play of the second half), fumbled the ball, threw an INT in the endzone on second and goal from the 3, assosrted holds and personal fouls. Oh and when they punted it would roll into the endzone by a foot or two.

Holy Cross ran about 5 plays and 85% of them were the QB takes the ball down the line and either hands it off for no gain or keeps it for no gain. Crossed midfield twice both times by NCC personal fouls. Longest offensive play of the night was a pass from punt formation which really wasn't a designed fake, but was thrown when the NCC defender decided to leave the wide man all alone and walk up to join everyone on the line.

I'm guessing neither offense wanted to show a lot because they will see each other again but Zzzzzzzz's on this one tonight.

These plays didn't work the first, second, third, forth, etc. etc. etc serious. So why keep running the ball. NCC has 8, 9, 10 guys in the box and they keep running up the middle. WHY? WHY? WHY? The HC fans does not understand the game plan.

IMO, the defense looked good. Was NCC O that bad last night or was HC defense that good? Was the NCC receives affraid of getting hit across the middle? I seen a couple alligator arm it.

These plays didn't work the first, second, third, forth, etc. etc. etc serious. So why keep running the ball. NCC has 8, 9, 10 guys in the box and they keep running up the middle. WHY? WHY? WHY? The HC fans does not understand the game plan.

IMO, the defense looked good. Was NCC O that bad last night or was HC defense that good? Was the NCC receives affraid of getting hit across the middle? I seen a couple alligator arm it.

I need to proof read more. SERIES

I can't answer your questions.

The first series HC ran the ball twice for -1 yards and then threw a nice pass that the NCC defender went for the pick but didn't get it and HC picked up 12 yards and a first down. Then they ran it 3 straight times for a -4 yards. I don't think they threw another pass other than on the punt in the first half. And I believe they had 32 yards at the half and 22 came on the punt/pass.

They only threw 8 passes all night and 1 was on the punt. That would be okay if you were winning or if your running game was producing but it wasn't at all. Then again to be fair sometimes when the QB goes back it could be a pass or a designed draw but NCC was usually in the backfield before you could tell which it was going to be.

HC defense played well considering their offense wasn't doing anything. Drops sure helped, but it wasn't like NCC was ripping off chunks of yards in the running game. I would estimate that NCC only used about 50% of their formations and plays. Why that was I don't know.

Strange game.