DuPont Manual 55 Henderson County 7

ram95

Fun fact of the night, all of Manual's previous opponents thus far this season won their respective games tonight, Central over Bullitt East, Christian County over Warren Central, and Ballard over Butler. Plus Male lost big tonight so good night for the Red Rams! (just teasing H) :thumb:

Manual had a couple of turn overs in the first. One which lead to Henderson's only score. They mainly tried running the ball in the first which Henderson shut down. Manual then quit putting the ball on the ground and started throwing it. That pretty much spelled the end for Henderson. The colonels struggle the most with their secondary due to youth and inexperience.

One bright spot for Henderson is they hit harder and tackled better tonight then they have all year. They are getting better in some aspects of the game but will still struggle this year. I hope Clay can hang in there because I think he will get the program to a good place. It just will be hard to watch this year.

I would also like to add that I really expected Manual to be faster then they were. That is not to say they don't have speed but I was just expecting better speed. No more speed then Henderson had they really didn't struggle with the speed of Manual.

On a side note, the little RB from Manual was fun to watch. That kid can move.

I would also like to add that I really expected Manual to be faster then they were. That is not to say they don't have speed but I was just expecting better speed. No more speed then Henderson had they really didn't struggle with the speed of Manual.

Manual is the nerd school the jocks go to Male.

Being the largest school in the state I guess doesn't help, they have given up the 2nd most points on defense in 6A and scored the 2nd least amount of points on offense. Being outscored 53-167.

It doesn't matter how big your school is when half of your starters are either sophmores or juniors and seniors that have never played.

One bright spot for Henderson is they hit harder and tackled better tonight then they have all year. They are getting better in some aspects of the game but will still struggle this year. I hope Clay can hang in there because I think he will get the program to a good place. It just will be hard to watch this year.

I really didn't get the impression that Henderson was a bad team, they just seemed to lack playmakers on either side of the ball. They played OK, is wasn't like watching the three Stooges or anything, but they just didn't have anyone who was tough to beat.

Manual is the nerd school the jocks go to Male.

Don't take what I said the wrong way. Manual has athletes and speed. I guess I was expecting the Manual kids to run away from us and that really wasn't the case. As a matter of fact Manual struggled on kick off coverage with Henderson speed. They began squib kicking the ball every kick off and your kicker has a very good leg.

Manual has a solid team and should do well the rest of the year. The starting QB has a good arm and if Male is prone to give up the big play then the Rams should come away with a win this year. Their passing game is solid and the QB can pick up big yards when he is flushed.