35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Garrard County
    • Somerset

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much respect for a Garrard team that scored 50 last week. I think the Jumpers will win but Garrard will play better than a lot of you think.

This will be a very interesting game. The young Lions have played well in all three games this season. The Jackson County game was never close and the Bethlehem score didn't really indicate that Garrard was in complete control. Washington County is one the coaching staff and players would love to have back, I'm sure.

Somerset's defense looked awful against Pulaski, good against Metcalfe and then gave up 22 (in a win) against Taylor County. Obviously the Jumpers can score on anyone. Stopping John Cole will be difficult and Garrard hasn't seen a receiver this good in years.

I honestly think the Golden Lions can compete with Somerset. I don't think they'll get ran over, but Garrard has to avoid turnovers and has to tackle well. If they can keep this game in the 21-14 range, the Lions can win. If its a shootout, I'm not sure if Garrard has enough weapons. I don't believe it will be a running clock, as previous posters suggested!

Not much respect for a Garrard team that scored 50 last week. I think the Jumpers will win but Garrard will play better than a lot of you think.

Jumper Dad no offense but Somerset's JV could score 50 on Jackson. I think Somerset's D will be improved each week and that doesn't go well for their district opponents because you have to keep the ball out of Somerset's Offense unless you scored on them at will like Pulaski. I don't see that happening again to SHS this year.

This will be a very interesting game. The young Lions have played well in all three games this season. The Jackson County game was never close and the Bethlehem score didn't really indicate that Garrard was in complete control. Washington County is one the coaching staff and players would love to have back, I'm sure.

Somerset's defense looked awful against Pulaski, good against Metcalfe and then gave up 22 (in a win) against Taylor County. Obviously the Jumpers can score on anyone. Stopping John Cole will be difficult and Garrard hasn't seen a receiver this good in years.

I honestly think the Golden Lions can compete with Somerset. I don't think they'll get ran over, but Garrard has to avoid turnovers and has to tackle well. If they can keep this game in the 21-14 range, the Lions can win. If its a shootout, I'm not sure if Garrard has enough weapons. I don't believe it will be a running clock, as previous posters suggested!

Does Garrard County have a strong O-Line? I read that the 22 points were from a real strong RB with tons of speed, but they had to pass it to the outside to get him free. The middle of the SHS D is getting better.