Garrard vs. Somerset Predictions

mm496

Who will win this game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Garrard County
    • Somerset

Does Garrard County have a strong O-Line? I read that the 22 points were from a real strong RB with tons of speed, but they had to pass it to the outside to get him free. The middle of the SHS D is getting better.

The Garrard offensive line is strong. Its one of the better lines they have had in the last 5-10 years. Garrard has quite a few good running backs and they are very different types of runners. Two quick tailbacks who run with power, a power fullback who is quick and shifty, and a few guys who catch the ball well. Consistent quarterback play is often the biggest worry, but the young man has played well the last two weeks.

I think the Lions can stop the run so pass defense is probably the biggest concern, just because Garrard hasn't faced a passing team like Somerset yet. If they can contain the passing attack of the Jumpers they'll be in the game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the fifth meeting all-time between Garrard County and Somerset. They were in the same Class AA district in the late 70s and early 80s and Somerset controlled the series.

@Lancaster

Somerset 41 Garrard County 16

@Somerset

Somerset 28 Garrard County 7

@Lancaster

Somerset 20 Garrard County 0

@Somerset

Somerset 67 Garrard County 7*

The 1982 game set a few dubious records for the Golden Lions. It was the all-time most points allowed in a game until Boyle County scored 73 on the Golden Lions eighteen years later in 2000. It is to this day the most points allowed on the road and the worst defeat in a road game. That game was sandwiched between a 33-6 loss at Lincoln County and a 47-7 home loss to Boyle County to finish the season. It was also the last of ten years for Sam Burke as head coach.

Can anyone from Somerset help me figure out how long its been since Somerset has posted a shutout?

Twice in the 2004 season:

September 3 - @Russell County (21-0)

October 7 - @Pineville (39-0)

Last home shutout:

October 3, 2003 - Cumberland (45-0)

There are two games in Somerset this Friday. Somerset vs Garrard Co. and Pulaski Co. vs Mercer Co. Which will be the better game? My guess is Somerset wins this game with a running clock therefore I will watch the Pulaski game. Good luck Jumpers. I will come watch you when the games get a little more challenging (Corbin).