Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Uncle Joe

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Uncle Joe

  1. Southern (Southwestern Pulaski) goes to Rockcastle Co. to open their middle school season tomorrow night.
  2. Wayne Co. 6th, 7th, and 8th swept Pulaski Co. (Northern) last week to start the season.
  3. I have heard that Shannon Fraley (Sweet Sixteen MVP) is coaching Northern this year.
  4. Shultz is one of the best coaches in the state. The energy he brings will have the Warriors ready. They may only go .500 but they will pull some upsets. Could they sneak up on Wayne or McCreay in the district? It is always possible with Shultz at the helm. I have heard rumors that some of the 8th graders may get looks this year.
  5. I have heard that Lincoln Co. has a pretty good 7th grade team.
  6. I have to agree. These 7th grade teams have to be 2 of the best in the state. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the finals of the state tournament in Feb. I may have to make my way to London for this game.
  7. Does any school have a schedule yet? If so, when are the dates of good games.
  8. Southern Middle (Southwestern) 8th should be the best team in southern KY.
  9. Wayne Co. should have a decent 6th grade team this year although Somerset 6th (Meece)will be the team to beat in the south.
  10. I am glad to see there will be a 6th grade state tournament this year.
  11. When does Meece, South Laurel, Whitley Co. start there season and who do they play?
  12. I am looking forward to the game. Should be the game of the week in southern Kentucky. I have the choice of driving to Lincoln Co. to watch the Warriors, or driving to Somerset to watch the Jumpers or Maroons. The Jumpers should win with a running clock so that game is out. I watched the warriors beat S. Laurel last weekend, so it is time to watch the much improved Maroons. I have heard good things about Muse, Hines, and the rest of the young Maroons. Good luck to all 3 local teams.
  13. I would love to see the Warriors pull the upset! Lincoln wins by a touchdown.
  14. There are two games in Somerset this Friday. Somerset vs Garrard Co. and Pulaski Co. vs Mercer Co. Which will be the better game? My guess is Somerset wins this game with a running clock therefore I will watch the Pulaski game. Good luck Jumpers. I will come watch you when the games get a little more challenging (Corbin).
  15. Did he ever coach a Mr. Basketball?
  16. I would liked to have seen this game!
  17. Did Ty Perkins sit this one out?
  18. I thought it would be closer, but Somerset put it to the Rebels.
  19. If you base the game on last weeks performances then I would pick Somerset. But, I don't think Southwestern will be scared of Somerset the way they were scared of Rose Hill. Matter of fact, I think Coach Shultz will have the Warriors motivated enough to win by double digits. SW 67 SHS 55
  20. Rose Hill completely dominated the game leaving Southwestern shell shocked from the start. Euton and Jackson are living up to their hype as the top freshmen in the state/nation. Euton style of play reminds me of Adam Morrison (inside player that is deadly from the arch). Hats off to Rose Hill, they have their program going in the right direction. They have been building this program for some time now and it is starting to pay off.
  21. Great year Warriors!!
  22. Somerset Beat Danville at the Briar Patch in 1988. They went on to play Fort Knox at Cardinal Stadium on the turf. Donny Redd was the great running back for Danville that year ( went on to play for UK). Somerset was in the semi state 3 years in a row 1987, 1988, and 1989. All 3 years there opponent was the Admirals.
  23. Somerset's last state title game was in 1988 vs. Fort Knox. Somerset had a really good team that year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.