Everything posted by Uncle Joe
-
Middle School Basketball
Southern (Southwestern Pulaski) goes to Rockcastle Co. to open their middle school season tomorrow night.
-
Middle School Basketball
Wayne Co. 6th, 7th, and 8th swept Pulaski Co. (Northern) last week to start the season.
-
Middle School Basketball
I have heard that Shannon Fraley (Sweet Sixteen MVP) is coaching Northern this year.
-
2007/2008 Southwestern
Shultz is one of the best coaches in the state. The energy he brings will have the Warriors ready. They may only go .500 but they will pull some upsets. Could they sneak up on Wayne or McCreay in the district? It is always possible with Shultz at the helm. I have heard rumors that some of the 8th graders may get looks this year.
-
Middle School Basketball
I have heard that Lincoln Co. has a pretty good 7th grade team.
-
Middle School Basketball
I have to agree. These 7th grade teams have to be 2 of the best in the state. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the finals of the state tournament in Feb. I may have to make my way to London for this game.
-
Middle School Basketball
Does any school have a schedule yet? If so, when are the dates of good games.
-
Middle School Basketball
Southern Middle (Southwestern) 8th should be the best team in southern KY.
-
Middle School Basketball
Wayne Co. should have a decent 6th grade team this year although Somerset 6th (Meece)will be the team to beat in the south.
-
Middle School Basketball
I am glad to see there will be a 6th grade state tournament this year.
-
Middle School Basketball
When does Meece, South Laurel, Whitley Co. start there season and who do they play?
-
Pulaski vs Mercer--Predictions
I am looking forward to the game. Should be the game of the week in southern Kentucky. I have the choice of driving to Lincoln Co. to watch the Warriors, or driving to Somerset to watch the Jumpers or Maroons. The Jumpers should win with a running clock so that game is out. I watched the warriors beat S. Laurel last weekend, so it is time to watch the much improved Maroons. I have heard good things about Muse, Hines, and the rest of the young Maroons. Good luck to all 3 local teams.
-
Corbin vs. South Laurel Predictions
Corbin by 4 TDs.
-
Southwestern vs. Lincoln
I would love to see the Warriors pull the upset! Lincoln wins by a touchdown.
-
Garrard vs. Somerset Predictions
There are two games in Somerset this Friday. Somerset vs Garrard Co. and Pulaski Co. vs Mercer Co. Which will be the better game? My guess is Somerset wins this game with a running clock therefore I will watch the Pulaski game. Good luck Jumpers. I will come watch you when the games get a little more challenging (Corbin).
-
Curtis Turley Resigns
Did he ever coach a Mr. Basketball?
-
Scott County 74 Bryan Station 69
I would liked to have seen this game!
-
Pulaski County 64 Somerset 52
Did Ty Perkins sit this one out?
-
Scott Co. 72 HHS 68
Unbelievable!!!
-
Somerset 81 Casey Co. 56
I thought it would be closer, but Somerset put it to the Rebels.
-
Southwestern vs. Somerset 12/9
If you base the game on last weeks performances then I would pick Somerset. But, I don't think Southwestern will be scared of Somerset the way they were scared of Rose Hill. Matter of fact, I think Coach Shultz will have the Warriors motivated enough to win by double digits. SW 67 SHS 55
-
Rose Hill 81 Southwestern 62
Rose Hill completely dominated the game leaving Southwestern shell shocked from the start. Euton and Jackson are living up to their hype as the top freshmen in the state/nation. Euton style of play reminds me of Adam Morrison (inside player that is deadly from the arch). Hats off to Rose Hill, they have their program going in the right direction. They have been building this program for some time now and it is starting to pay off.
-
Central 47 Southwestern 40
Great year Warriors!!
-
Somerset 47 Hazard 21
Somerset Beat Danville at the Briar Patch in 1988. They went on to play Fort Knox at Cardinal Stadium on the turf. Donny Redd was the great running back for Danville that year ( went on to play for UK). Somerset was in the semi state 3 years in a row 1987, 1988, and 1989. All 3 years there opponent was the Admirals.
-
NCC vs Somerset
Somerset's last state title game was in 1988 vs. Fort Knox. Somerset had a really good team that year.