pride50

Who wins?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire how these two teams were much maligned early this year and essentially written off with all of the early season losses. This game stands for the proposition that early season, brutal competition CAN prepare a team better for a postseason run if they can weather a storm and show grit.

For some reason I like Somerset in this one.

I admire how these two teams were much maligned early this year and essentially written off with all of the early season losses. This game stands for the proposition that early season, brutal competition CAN prepare a team better for a postseason run if they can weather a storm and show grit.

For some reason I like Somerset in this one.

Amen to that....If you look at the 4 teams still standing in 1a, all 4 played a very tough non district schedule....

Not sure if NCC has an answer for Somerset's Cole especially in light of Raceland putting up 4 TD passes and 311 yards passing. Plus they will have to deal with him on special teams where they had trouble with similar good athletes at Beechwood and CovCath.

Not sure if Somerset can stop the Breds on the ground taking into account that NCC ran pretty well on Somerset last year when they were more of a passing team.

Given decent field conditions and weather it has the looks of becoming somewhat of a higher scoring game.

Two other factors seem large in this one. One is that Somerset has the home field advantage after NCC had it last year. The other is that NCC star OL/DL Kiernan did not play in the game last year after suffering a injury late in the game against Lex. Christian.

Since Somerset's superintendent is the public schools's chief whiner, Wilson Sears, and since NCC is a private school held in disdain by people like Sears, I will wholeheartedly root for NCC.

Since the game will be played at Somerset, do you think that the playing field will be "level"?

Since Somerset's superintendent is the public schools's chief whiner, Wilson Sears, and since NCC is a private school held in disdain by people like Sears, I will wholeheartedly root for NCC.

Since the game will be played at Somerset, do you think that the playing field will be "level"?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Somerset's playing field is not "level" it's crowned in the middle :irked: ...Hats off to Superintendent Wilson...Somerset wins 42-6....

Please take your public/private crap to the other forum. Thanks.

Someone had better retract the namecalling before issue is taken...

But it must be said...an NCC (or private school advocate) questioning the fairness of next week's game in Somerset due to political issues would be no less offensive than if Somerset (or public advocates) had raised the same question about last years game in Newport (with Coach Schneider's leading political role on the other side)...