NCC vs Somerset

pride50

Who wins?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Very intelligent quote!! :rolleyes: Did you want me to say I have watched them when I have not? Sorry my prediction did not agree with yours. I gave my opinion and if it does not agree with you, so be it. Just a simple question, have you watched NCC play this season?

Lots of film, yes. I wasn't intending to offend you but if you think NCC will win the game 52-14 then you obviously haven't seen Somerset play this year. Thus my statement.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of film, yes. I wasn't intending to offend you but if you think NCC will win the game 52-14 then you obviously haven't seen Somerset play this year. Thus my statement.

I have not watched Somerset play as I obviously stated but I have watched NCC and I stand behind my prediction because I think NCC is that good.

If the NCC Breds find a way to win this game do you think Mr. Sears will file a protest with the KHSAA and try to get a recanvas for the Public/Private debates....lol

Unfortunately, the Jumpers will be in the middle of this question for years to come.

Now on to the game, I take the NCC Breds by 2 TD's....the bunnies run has come to an end....sad but true...NCC 27 Somerset 13

It was game 1, but here is my take:

Harris is an GOOD passer, but that kid simply does not like contact!

I have not seen Somerset, but if he can consistenly commit 6 guys to rushing the passer and actually get a solid push, the game will be interesting.

On the other hand, if Harris has time, he will destroy his opposition.

Somerset needs to be VERY efficient on offense and SCORE. On defense, Somerset needs (regardless of what they usually do) pressure, pressure, pressure Harris. The Jumpers need to HIT Harris every time they can.

I think NCC is playing well and has a very good front

NCC 34

Somerset 21

You know, it's the same every year when we get to this point in the playoffs. Forever it was N. Ky/Mountains, now we have Public/Private in the mix. Somewhere in there is a football game.

It gets ugly between the two groups. The damage has been done over a period of time between these two sections of the state and will probably never, ever as long as any of us on here are drawing breath, be resolved rationally, fairly or above all happily, in either side's eyes. It's just how it's going to be. It's life. That's how things go.

On the other hand, the two teams do play friday. Neither group of fans knows what the other group is holding for the most part. They have last years game to go by in their minds and that's it. Could be a good game, could be a blowout, either way. Either team. Same scenario as M'boro/B'wood a few years back. B'wood blew out M'boro at home, then B'wood came south and got it done to them the next season.

How many people have seen both teams play lately, S'set or NCC, since they peaked? Or for the year, in that case? Coaches on film and a few hang outs around the programs and perhaps a parent or two who did'nt want to watch CSI: Jack's Fork. (It was a re-run. The DA was involved.) EVERYTHING we're doing on here is speculation on our parts right now. I guess we'll all be proven right or wrong come around midnight friday, won't we?

Weighing in with my 2 cents from the hated Williamsburg fan base (lol).... I may have to give up my Passport to get across the state line into Whitley county for this, but I'm pulling for the Jumpers. Represent our district well and good luck Friday night to the purple and gold.

You know, it's the same every year when we get to this point in the playoffs. Forever it was N. Ky/Mountains, now we have Public/Private in the mix. Somewhere in there is a football game.

It gets ugly between the two groups. The damage has been done over a period of time between these two sections of the state and will probably never, ever as long as any of us on here are drawing breath, be resolved rationally, fairly or above all happily, in either side's eyes. It's just how it's going to be. It's life. That's how things go.

On the other hand, the two teams do play friday. Neither group of fans knows what the other group is holding for the most part. They have last years game to go by in their minds and that's it. Could be a good game, could be a blowout, either way. Either team. Same scenario as M'boro/B'wood a few years back. B'wood blew out M'boro at home, then B'wood came south and got it done to them the next season.

How many people have seen both teams play lately, S'set or NCC, since they peaked? Or for the year, in that case? Coaches on film and a few hang outs around the programs and perhaps a parent or two who did'nt want to watch CSI: Jack's Fork. (It was a re-run. The DA was involved.) EVERYTHING we're doing on here is speculation on our parts right now. I guess we'll all be proven right or wrong come around midnight friday, won't we?

I havent done my research on Somerset, from what i saw last year in the playoffs they had a good qb but the line didnt give him much time to throw.

Have either Ncc or Somerset played the same team or similiar scheduled teams?

Since Somerset's superintendent is the public schools's chief whiner, Wilson Sears, and since NCC is a private school held in disdain by people like Sears, I will wholeheartedly root for NCC.

Since the game will be played at Somerset, do you think that the playing field will be "level"?

I know SEARS!

haha

forgot he was down there.

I pull for public!! BUT I see NCC winning this one

Since Somerset's superintendent is the public schools's chief whiner, Wilson Sears, and since NCC is a private school held in disdain by people like Sears, I will wholeheartedly root for NCC.

Since the game will be played at Somerset, do you think that the playing field will be "level"?

He used to be the football coach at Bourbon County in the mid/early 80's.

I'm done with BGP for the week. I know its all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their own but I'll be back next weekend when Somerset comes out as the winner.

No need to stay away Chief, I think we both misread the others intentions of the post. Sorry if I upset you as that was not my intentions at all. You are entitled to your opinion as you have stated. Keep on posting, the kids deserve your support!! Good luck to both teams and I hope they play without injury.

It was game 1, but here is my take:

Harris is an GOOD passer, but that kid simply does not like contact!

I have not seen Somerset, but if he can consistenly commit 6 guys to rushing the passer and actually get a solid push, the game will be interesting.

On the other hand, if Harris has time, he will destroy his opposition.

Somerset needs to be VERY efficient on offense and SCORE. On defense, Somerset needs (regardless of what they usually do) pressure, pressure, pressure Harris. The Jumpers need to HIT Harris every time they can.

I think NCC is playing well and has a very good front

NCC 34

Somerset 21

If they do that, Then I see NCC's backfield Burks and Vicars having very big nights.