NCC vs Somerset

pride50

Who wins?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Should be a very good game. They have to come to our place this year. Good rematch from last year's semi-finals. Keys to the game for Somerset will be stopping the run. If they can stop the run and force them to throw the ball then they'll be in good shape. I know NCC can throw it also but it isn't their bread and butter like running the football.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Somerset's playing field is not "level" it's crowned in the middle :irked: ...Hats off to Superintendent Wilson...Somerset wins 42-6....

Wow I dont think we will see that at all. Honestly if this game is going to be a blown out IMO it would be the other way around...

NCC 35

Somerset 14

Not sure if NCC has an answer for Somerset's Cole especially in light of Raceland putting up 4 TD passes and 311 yards passing. Plus they will have to deal with him on special teams where they had trouble with similar good athletes at Beechwood and CovCath.

Not sure if Somerset can stop the Breds on the ground taking into account that NCC ran pretty well on Somerset last year when they were more of a passing team.

Given decent field conditions and weather it has the looks of becoming somewhat of a higher scoring game.

Two other factors seem large in this one. One is that Somerset has the home field advantage after NCC had it last year. The other is that NCC star OL/DL Kiernan did not play in the game last year after suffering a injury late in the game against Lex. Christian.

I do agree that last year the Somerset Defense had no response to Vickers or the NCC offense. However this is a better defense and from what I can see getting better every week. You know we have still not seen the defense and offense click in the same game. If it happens on Friday Night Somerset will be in there first State title game in 20 plus years. Early Prediction

Somerset 27

NCC 24

I do agree that last year the Somerset Defense had no response to Vickers or the NCC offense. However this is a better defense and from what I can see getting better every week. You know we have still not seen the defense and offense click in the same game. If it happens on Friday Night Somerset will be in there first State title game in 20 plus years. Early Prediction

Somerset 27

NCC 24

Somerset's last state title game was in 1988 vs. Fort Knox. Somerset had a really good team that year.