Southwestern vs. Somerset 12/9

Briar Jumpers travel across town for the first of their two meetings with the Warriors. SW plays up and down while SHS would prefer to play more of a half-court game. SHS has some size, while SW has probably the better quickness. I will go with the Warriors 72-65.

Somerset has some hoss cats inside. If they can control the boards, Somerset has a good chance of pulling this one out.

Otherwise, if SW can hit a few shots early and get on a roll, I'd have to go with SW by 10.

With a big cross town/cross county rivalry, I'd be surprised by a blow out either way.

If you base the game on last weeks performances then I would pick Somerset. But, I don't think Southwestern will be scared of Somerset the way they were scared of Rose Hill. Matter of fact, I think Coach Shultz will have the Warriors motivated enough to win by double digits.

SW 67 SHS 55

somerset has been getting it up and down more this early season, i think they will run with the warriors.

Is ty perkins playing for SW? #12

If so I pick the warriors by 10.

No, but he is playing for PC. That being said you do realize he has cost PC two PC games with SHS on technical fouls, two years in a row so there you go.

no i did not notice ty costing pc TWO games. In fact, in the game at Somerset I noticed the officials NOT calling a foul when john perkins got clobbered while shooting in the lane, late in the game, that cost them that game. However I did realize that Ty was the 2nd most talented player on the floor in both those games right behind John Perkins.

I would bet if you gave Coach Thacker the choice to play SW or PC with Ty Perkins playing or not playing; that he would choose to play them w/out ty playing for the opponent.

Of course Coach Thacker would choose not to play Ty if he didnt have to.. He is an unreal athlete with an unbelievable amount of talent, but i believe that elwhit95 was just trying to say that the decisions he made at the end of both games put them in a bad position. But the no call at the end of the PC- SHS game at SHS was a good one ;). do we always have to blame it on the officials?