Pulaski vs Mercer--Predictions

inmyopinion

Who will win the Pulaski vs Mercer game?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Pulaski vs Mercer game?

• Pulaski
    • Mercer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might need a little more than home field advantage against last years state champ coming off their first loss in 17 games.

This year's Titans team is not even close to last year's State Champs team. True, the loss may be the fire power MC needs. IMO playing away after a tough loss to a team you were 'supposed' to beat won't be easy. I think my concern would be the mindset of the kids. They have talent, no doubt about that, but this isn't last year's team either!

This year's Titans team is not even close to last year's State Champs team. True, the loss may be the fire power MC needs. IMO playing away after a tough loss to a team you were 'supposed' to beat won't be easy. I think my concern would be the mindset of the kids. They have talent, no doubt about that, but this isn't last year's team either!

I don't recall anybody guaranteeing that Mercer was going to beat Lincoln. Teams are "supposed" to beat other teams that aren't very good, Lincoln is a good team and VERY good defensively. The two teams that played the other nite, IMO, were and are very similar in a lot of ways, and both good teams that are going to do a great deal better on the year than what most people expect.

Outsiders might have thought the Lincoln win was a gimme game, but the coaching staff and players knew that it would be a hard fought game until the very end, which it was. Im guessing that those people who thought the LC was a gimme, were going off of the Bell/Lincoln game, which Lincoln just so happened to get beat, 31-7...and were also without their best athlete/player Ryan Young (#24).

Mercer is going to be fine, the coaches believe that and here is hoping that all of the players believe that, which I believe they do. This bunch WILL NOT give in, they don't know what that means!:thumb:

I don't recall anybody guaranteeing that Mercer was going to beat Lincoln. Teams are "supposed" to beat other teams that aren't very good, Lincoln is a good team and VERY good defensively. The two teams that played the other nite, IMO, were and are very similar in a lot of ways, and both good teams that are going to do a great deal better on the year than what most people expect.

Outsiders might have thought the Lincoln win was a gimme game, but the coaching staff and players knew that it would be a hard fought game until the very end, which it was. Im guessing that those people who thought the LC was a gimme, were going off of the Bell/Lincoln game, which Lincoln just so happened to get beat, 31-7...and were also without their best athlete/player Ryan Young (#24).

Mercer is going to be fine, the coaches believe that and here is hoping that all of the players believe that, which I believe they do. This bunch WILL NOT give in, they don't know what that means!:thumb:

Obviously, nobody can guarantee any win. I'm just saying that when you look at the schedule, given the talent Mercer has, that MANY believed Mercer would have beaten Lincoln. Lincoln has talent too, so no disrespect to them whatsover, but most folks (including the sports writing staff at the Advocate Messenger) didn't pick Lincoln to win that game. Seems like everybody only thought Boyle, Hoptown and Rockcaste would be the teams to beat Mercer.

I think Mercer will be fine too, but they're going to have to come ready to play hard every week! I've give credit to Coach French! He had those boys ready!!

Mercer could have a chance to win another championship all they have to do is drop 2 classes this year. They will never see the pizza box again as long as they play in there right class sorry but it's true.

MERCER - 35

PULASKI - 14

GOOD LUCK MERCER

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

'Never' is a very strong word! I don't think they'll see it this year, but don't count them out of it from here to eternity. And can we get over last year's class situation? Whether it was fair or not, advantage or disadvantage is irrelevant now. Can't say I disagree with you that Mercer perhaps did have an advantage last year, but thats just the way it was. If/when they do make it to the 'pizza box' again, it will definitely be a hard fought, earned position!:thumb:

Mercer will be a force, in any class they happen to play, from here on out. There is a lot of talent in that County, and as long as they get those kids to come out and play they'll have their chances to make runs in the playoffs. A loss for the Titans was inevitable, eventually it was going to happen. The coaching staff will have those kids ready to go Friday night no doubt. It will be interesting to see how PC's high octane offense will stack up to Mercer's D.

Please leave the Mercer class issue out of this thread please. I seen something I liked in another thread I think it said 15-12. Good luck to both of these teams Friday night I have thought about this game the past couple of days and I am still not ready to make my pick. I am really excited to see though if all the hype down hwy 80 is true.

It is hard to leave the Mercer championship out of this thread. The thing is no matter how anyone tries to spin it, even if it was the KHSAA's fault--and it was. Mercer won the 2A title playing with a 3A team. No one except the Mercer faithful will ever accept it as a rightful title and they shouldn't. Mercer had an unfair advantage and they should have won the title without any problem at all. However, the KHSAA decided that Mercer should get to compete for a championship that they were to big for. We should all just suck it up and agree that numbers don't mean anything and it was okay for Mercer to be 3A and play 2A. So they should in fact be the 2 1/2 A Champs from last year. Of course we'll get to see how they do playing schools their own size this year---so far they are 0-1.