Who is your "Darius Miller"

Miller's skill set is very good but it wasn't nearly what it is today coming out of high school...He had alot to work on, In High School he relied more on being able to over power anyone that was trying to guard him. I'm just saying there will be no one in this senior class in the state of KY that will get a UK offer I'm sure and I just always find it hard to believe how much talent there is in this state that goes unrecognized at the High D1 level. I will really miss Miller and I'm just saying a lot of kids don't get the National Attention he got coming out of HS, although he was definitely deserving.

I really don't think you have any idea how good Darius was in high school.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton Griffin for Campbell County, he's the 6', guard Coach Russell started, to defend Brossart's 6'9" Joe Jennings in the 1st round game of the 37th. Jennings had "0" points in that contest.

I agree that some may not understand just how good Darius was in high school. Yes he is better now, he's played for UK for the past 4 years. I would be better with that on my resume'

I really don't think you have any idea how good Darius was in high school.

I never said he wasn't any good...Personally I have played pickup with Miller as I have many good High School players and he is as good as it gets at that level...My point is he is the first KY boy to wear the Big Blue and make a difference in quite some time and I know every year there is a handful of kids in KY that could do the same thing...However UK will only recruit the 5 stars that get the pub and I'm not complaining about that at all I just know how fortunate we were to have Miller go to UK and I hope not too far down the road we can watch another home grown talent just like him...

GChoops are you getting some blue in that Buckeye blood, about fell over when you gave a UK player some love..lol!

Nice thread, I would throw in Nolan Daugherty for Walton, relentless on defense & gave WV some much needed toughness. His 3rd qrt. Injury hurt WV in loss to GC.

As for Darious Miller out of high school rank 42 nationally & could went to any college he wanted.

Side note Eloy Vargas was ranked 26 that same year, might give some perspective to dads worried about sons not making all region teams on other threads. Rankings...like all region not that important. If kid continues to work hard like UK#1 he will get his accolades.

GChoops are you getting some blue in that Buckeye blood, about fell over when you gave a UK player some love..lol!

Nice thread, I would throw in Nolan Daugherty for Walton, relentless on defense & gave WV some much needed toughness. His 3rd qrt. Injury hurt WV in loss to GC.

As for Darious Miller out of high school rank 42 nationally & could went to any college he wanted.

Side note Eloy Vargas was ranked 26 that same year, might give some perspective to dads worried about sons not making all region teams on other threads. Rankings...like all region not that important. If kid continues to work hard like UK#1 he will get his accolades.

Darius Miller is my kind of player. Wish he played for the Bucks but oh well. Still an outstanding player that doesn't get much love on the college level.

I never said he wasn't any good...Personally I have played pickup with Miller as I have many good High School players and he is as good as it gets at that level...My point is he is the first KY boy to wear the Big Blue and make a difference in quite some time and I know every year there is a handful of kids in KY that could do the same thing...However UK will only recruit the 5 stars that get the pub and I'm not complaining about that at all I just know how fortunate we were to have Miller go to UK and I hope not too far down the road we can watch another home grown talent just like him...

There are NOT a handful of kids as good as Darius every year, that's just wrong. There's a handful as good as Jared Polson every year, not Darius Miller. No offense, but it's pickup. Playing against someone in pickup and in an actual game is quite different. Darius is one of the Top 5 players in KY in the last 10 years.

2 guys stick out in my mind that don't get enough publicity in NKY

Cooper's Alex Webster-

!

Watch this clip and tell me you don't see some Darius Miller in him at the :25sec mark

NCC's Andy Miller- Kid does everything you ask of role player. Great picks, decent shot, good rebounder, hustles.

Andy Miller is the man. :notworthy:

I couldn't agree more with Alex Webster at Cooper. He plays shut down defense. He gets every loose ball and he can score inside or outside. After the 33rd District Tournament and next week's 9th Region Tournament, I think a lot more people will know his name.

I'm going to bring up Dalton Griffin's name again. Dalton Griffin scored 1 point, total, in two district games. Dalton Griffin made the 37th district all tournament team. Dalton Griffin is my "Darius Miller" Congratulations young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to bring up Dalton Griffin's name again. Dalton Griffin scored 1 point, total, in two district games. Dalton Griffin made the 37th district all tournament team. Dalton Griffin is my "Darius Miller" Congratulations young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad to see that somebody noticed a kid for more then shooting 20 or 30 times a game! Congratulations to him.

I am so glad to see that somebody noticed a kid for more then shooting 20 or 30 times a game! Congratulations to him.

Amen, every now and then you have to guard somebody, naturally when you are not made to defend like the rest of your teammates you have better legs for shooting the ball. Hats off to a player that often goes 4 for 6 shooting, but defends the other teams best player.