Who is your "Darius Miller"

I heard an interesting observation the other day.

A teacher told Andrew Hurley that "you know, you are Grant County's Darius Miller. You go out night after night and lay it on the line. You bump and bang, scrap for loose balls, rebound against bigger opponents.....in other words.....you do the dirty work without all the accolades. You should be proud of yourself."

I thought to myself, there has to be 100's of kids that do the same thing. So this thread is for you. Lets hear about some kids out there that do the same thing but maybe don't get recognized much. This isn't for the kid who scores all the time, this is for the kid(s) who makes it possible for someone else to score all the time.

This is your thread to shine.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, hats off to the adult for giving the kid proper recognition.

For Covington Catholic I think you would have two : Pauly and Cleves.

Holy Cross: Fuller

Dixie: Hassell and the kid who plays the 4 whose name escapes me

Congratulations to all of those kids.

I really watch no one other than Holmes so for them I would say the Waller kid. He isn't the most talented but you can tell he tries his hardest and earns playing time with his hustle. This thread makes me think of another topic, Who could be Kentucky's D-Miller? The only reason I ask is because I love when an instate kid with talent earns the chance to play at UK and actually produces. I know Miller received much hype in High School and was pretty Highly Ranked Nationally i'm pretty sure, but so many instate kids I believe could do what Darius does for UK but for whatever reason don't earn the National Interest. And UK isn't going to sign you if your not garnering national attention. Miller was very good in High School but has improved tremendously, so a player doesn't necessarily have to be a stud straight out of HS but they should have the size for their specific position along with the athleticism I believe. So once again for Holmes I'd love to see someone like Dontel Rice be the next Darius Miller for UK :thumb: Dontel has the size to play the SF position and more athleticism than he seems to know what to do with, he lacks aggression and needs to improve his 3 point shot and ball handling but seems to have a solid head on his shoulders. I think if Miller doesn't get any National Attention he never ends up at UK.

I really watch no one other than Holmes so for them I would say the Waller kid. He isn't the most talented but you can tell he tries his hardest and earns playing time with his hustle. This thread makes me think of another topic, Who could be Kentucky's D-Miller? The only reason I ask is because I love when an instate kid with talent earns the chance to play at UK and actually produces. I know Miller received much hype in High School and was pretty Highly Ranked Nationally i'm pretty sure, but so many instate kids I believe could do what Darius does for UK but for whatever reason don't earn the National Interest. And UK isn't going to sign you if your not garnering national attention. Miller was very good in High School but has improved tremendously, so a player doesn't necessarily have to be a stud straight out of HS but they should have the size for their specific position along with the athleticism I believe. So once again for Holmes I'd love to see someone like Dontel Rice be the next Darius Miller for UK :thumb: Dontel has the size to play the SF position and more athleticism than he seems to know what to do with, he lacks aggression and needs to improve his 3 point shot and ball handling but seems to have a solid head on his shoulders. I think if Miller doesn't get any National Attention he never ends up at UK.

You are vastly underrating DMiller's skill set if you think there are a lot of KY high school kids that can do what #1 does for UK.

You are vastly underrating DMiller's skill set if you think there are a lot of KY high school kids that can do what #1 does for UK.

Miller's skill set is very good but it wasn't nearly what it is today coming out of high school...He had alot to work on, In High School he relied more on being able to over power anyone that was trying to guard him. I'm just saying there will be no one in this senior class in the state of KY that will get a UK offer I'm sure and I just always find it hard to believe how much talent there is in this state that goes unrecognized at the High D1 level. I will really miss Miller and I'm just saying a lot of kids don't get the National Attention he got coming out of HS, although he was definitely deserving.

Miller's skill set is very good but it wasn't nearly what it is today coming out of high school...He had alot to work on, In High School he relied more on being able to over power anyone that was trying to guard him. I'm just saying there will be no one in this senior class in the state of KY that will get a UK offer I'm sure and I just always find it hard to believe how much talent there is in this state that goes unrecognized at the High D1 level. I will really miss Miller and I'm just saying a lot of kids don't get the National Attention he got coming out of HS, although he was definitely deserving.

So what kids are going on recognized in Kentucky?

2 guys stick out in my mind that don't get enough publicity in NKY

Cooper's Alex Webster-

!

Watch this clip and tell me you don't see some Darius Miller in him at the :25sec mark

NCC's Andy Miller- Kid does everything you ask of role player. Great picks, decent shot, good rebounder, hustles.

Cooper's Alex Webster-

!

Watch this clip and tell me you don't see some Darius Miller in him at the :25sec mark

NCC's Andy Miller- Kid does everything you ask of role player. Great picks, decent shot, good rebounder, hustles.

That kid doesn't get any love? I'm shocked. I'm glad I started this thread!!!! Nice to see some film.

Cooper's Alex Webster-

!

Here Here on NCC's Andy Miller!!!