Is NKU the 3rd best team in Kentucky?

doomer

Here is how I rate them

1. Kentucky

2a. Louisville

2b. NKU

3. Maybe Georgetown?

EVeryone else

Argument- If NKU wins tomorrow they will set a school record for opening wins without a loss at 14.

Do you think any besides Kentucky (and maybe not even Louisville) could go to Morgantown and beat Huggins? NKU currently ranked #8 in Div 2

Just saying

NKU starting to get some put, check out article in Cincy Enquirer

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20120112/SPT01/301120180/Putting-Norse-before-cart?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the point is valid, obviously Kentucky, Louisville and Murray are the three best.

The second level would include Western, Eastern and Morehead, along with NKU, Bellarmine, Wesleyan and Georgetown.

It is just really hard to compare D-II squads against D-I teams, even if those D-I teams don't appear to be that good.

I think NKU can play within 10 points with anyone in the state with the exception of UK...If NKU played 10 games against Eastern, Western and Murray I believe they could win half of them and I know Murray is good but they are a small school that doesn't face juggernauts...NKU could win a few against the ville and would have to be on fire from 3 which they are very capable of and UK would have to be ice cold for NKU to squeak one out...:cool: For real though NKU is a great team and have plenty of D1 transfers that are probably Murray State caliber players at least and Murray is atop20 team... they would compete very well this year in many of the small D1 conferences this year

I just wrote an article about those three teams, actually. They currently are 38-1 combined.

The GLVC has to be the toughest DII league in the country. I think these 3 teams are also actually in the same division. How many DII teams are there nationwide, I wonder?