Thanksgiving Practice

Got into a huge argument with my sister in law last night about this on my wife's side. They asked why the lights were on at the High School and when I told them, you would of thought Dale Mueller was breaking the law.....Lol! it was comical. I ended up telling her, make sure her son's ribbon was at least Blue. No hard feelings though, she is always right!! Go Birds!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got into a huge argument with my sister in law last night about this on my wife's side. They asked why the lights were on at the High School and when I told them, you would of thought Dale Mueller was breaking the law.....Lol! it was comical. I ended up telling her, make sure her son's ribbon was at least Blue. No hard feelings though, she is always right!! Go Birds!!!!

She isn't drinking the Purple Koolaid now is she??? lol

Not for sure, but I would guess they moved during the 1991 season when the KHSAA began allowing 4 teams per district to make the playoffs. That change added an extra week to the postseason. I, personally, can't remember the state finals not being the first weekend in December - but I was 10 in 1991.

I would say in 1987 the first time that 2 teams were taken out of district for the playoffs. Schools were allowed an 11 game schedule if they wanted.

If handled properly there can be practice on Thanksgiving with little or no disruption to family activities. Trinity had a 9 AM regular Thursday practice and the kids were released and on their way home at 10. They had the rest of the day and about 300 people got to come out and enjoy the tradition. And the good news for Butler, lot's of tickets were sold at that practice.

You know, it's the ones that complain the most that have never had to experience the Thanksgiving Day practice. They should get to try it before the complain. Kinda like drinking the "kool-aid".

Coach Rash made a comment last year to the effect of, "If we are having Thanksgiving dinner at the Beechwood school commons on Thanksgiving Day, then we have had a good year."