Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thanksgiving Practice

Featured Replies

I'm surprised that no one has posted about thanksgiving practice.

 

This is Holy Cross Covington's first Thanksgiving practice. Anyone else?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that no one has posted about thanksgiving practice.

 

This is Holy Cross Covington's first Thanksgiving practice. Anyone else?

I believe they should practice, a lot is at stake this time of the season. The coaches job is to keep the players focused and ready to compete, sometimes a change of practice throws a team off a little. I would be mad as a parent, but as a coach, I would have to agree.

HHS will practice Thursday night at normal time. Pregame as usual!!!

HHS will practice Thursday night at normal time. Pregame as usual!!!

 

I was curious, about how many people show up for a pregame practice? I know they used to make a production about it. It was kind of cool.

I believe this is Garrard's first.

Thinking it's Southwestern and Anderson County's first also.

As a Trinity fan, I fondly recall (with thanks) the Thanksgiving mornings watching practice. Sure beats the alternative! From the atmosphere at the Trinity Thanksgiving practices, not one family seemed to mind at all.

I will be at Holy Cross's with some warm coffee and a smile. Looking forward to it.

  • Author
I believe they should practice, a lot is at stake this time of the season. The coaches job is to keep the players focused and ready to compete, sometimes a change of practice throws a team off a little. I would be mad as a parent, but as a coach, I would have to agree.

 

It is a badge of honor! They should absolutely practice and enjoy it. Since most parents/families should be off work they should go and watch.

 

There are approximately 225 other teams that would love to be practicing that day don't have too!

Garrard's first Thanksgiving practice this week. I believe I heard Coach Scenters say 8am but I'm not for sure. I have no idea if it is public or not.

This will be the Collins' Titans first Thanksgiving practice. Of course this is only their second year of existence!

This is Belfry's 8th Thanksgiving practice in the last 9 years. They will definitely practice on Thursday, probably sometime in the morning. In the past they have shared a meal of Thanksgiving afterwards between the players and parents. I assume they will follow the same formula.

 

I think they will also have a bon fire/pep rally sometime Thursday evening, which is another semi-final week tradition that is a lot of fun.

I cant think of a better day to practice. Good Luck to everyone still playing!

  • Author
I cant think of a better day to practice. Good Luck to everyone still playing!

 

Assuming you mean next Thursday!

 

In the old days, the only teams practicing on Thanksgiving were playing for a state championship. Those were the days!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.