November 22, 201114 yr You and I agree again Clyde. I think Fox is doing exactly what he needs to to give this Bronco team their best chance to win.
November 22, 201114 yr Author Tebow can give lessons on how to handle the media in challenging times. He is getting bombarded with questions about Elway's comments and he handles it with great aplomb. He says he is only interested in being a great role model vs trying to impress people with his ability to be a starting qb.
November 22, 201114 yr Author Long interview here but you just can't shake Tim T. http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/11/22/video-tim-tebows-interview-on-espn-will-make-you-love-him-even-more/
November 22, 201114 yr Author Like him or not, believer or non-believer, you must admit he nailed the "Jake Plummer comments" issue.
November 23, 201114 yr Tebow can give lessons on how to handle the media in challenging times. He is getting bombarded with questions about Elway's comments and he handles it with great aplomb. He says he is only interested in being a great role model vs trying to impress people with his ability to be a starting qb. A+ post whenever you can work in "aplomb".
November 23, 201114 yr ^He's got to be hoping and praying he gets traded. You could see it on Elway's face when Tebow won the game Thursday night....He was mad they were going to win. Elway and Fox are intentionally trying to make Tebow look bad, and trying to lose games with the garbage offense they're running. He looked like someone peed in his Coors Light, I couldn't believe how sour he looked. I immediately thought of "Major League".
November 23, 201114 yr Jake Plummer's comments gave me a good laugh. I finally have a reason to like Jake Plummer. Tim Tebow and Coach from Survivor are very similar. I saw the clips of Elway clapping when Tim scored and then I saw the clip of Elway looking salty as well. He is John 'Lee Corsoing' Elway. How can he like what he sees on the field? He wants to win a Super Bowl and for now in his heart he doesn't feel Tebow will get him there. For now, I understand his pain. He's got a guy who wins, is a leader, teammates like him but he is an awful quarterback. Of course Elway is frustrated......for now.
November 23, 201114 yr Like him or not, believer or non-believer, you must admit he nailed the "Jake Plummer comments" issue.Tim did an excellent job with that interview and answered the question well. As much as I have tried to dislike Tebow through the years, I just cannot do it. I think a big chunk of people are waiting for him to screw up off the field so that they can call him a hypocrite. That speaks a lot to our culture and goes after a lot bigger issue, but I digress. To my eyes and ears Tim is genuine. I cannot fault a guy like that and will continue to root for him.
November 23, 201114 yr ^I agree. When he first popped on the scene in Florida, I wanted to hate him so bad, and tried. No matter how hard I tried, I always ended up rooting for him. I've now come full-circle and am probably his biggest fan on BGP. I really can't understand how anyone can dislike the guy. Think he's not cut out for QB in the NFL? I can accept that argument. Flat-out wishing him to fail because of his character? Unacceptable IMO.
November 23, 201114 yr I've hoped he would succeed for a while, but I think I'm officially going to announce that I'm a Tim Tebow fan. If for no other reason, just to spite PP92 haha! Really enjoyed his answer to the question about Jake Plummer's comments. Good question by Skip, awesome answer by Tebow. That boy's mama should be proud.
November 28, 201114 yr In Tebow's five wins as a starter, the defense has allowed 15, 24, 10, 13 and 13 points. I would say the defense deserves more of the credit.
November 28, 201114 yr Tonight I felt like Fox was intentionally trying to blow the game, and the Broncos won despite his best efforts. Not using timeouts to get the ball back at the end of regulation and not trying to go for it on 4th and inches in OT we both questionable calls IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.