Bengals or Browns?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Bengals or Browns?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Come on man.

I'm kind of with him here. Hillis ran behind what some people consider the best LT in the game and a very good LG. Hillis had great numbers in the first half of the year and not good numbers later in the year. The thing I think will help Hillis is McCoy completed over 60% of his passes as a rookie and there's no reason to think he won't get better as an all around player this year. I'll be shocked though if Hillis is in the top 15 of the league in rushing yards or yards per carry.

Browns offensive line has serious issues:

Artis Hicks-Claimed off Waivers to start at left guard.

Tony Pashos-Right Tackle has his foot in a walking boot. Pashos has played only 11 games in the last two years because of injuries.

If Pashos is out, then Oniel Cousins (recently cut by Baltimore) will start.

Browns also have injury issues with 2 of their 3 starting linebackers.

Bengals D will have a field day in Cleveland.

^ Are you done with your crusade to prove that you are (might or might not be) right about the Bengals getting beat by more than 7? I'd assume you are going to lay the hammer down on the Browns -7.

No. I'd never bet on the Bengals either way. I do like the word crusade though.

Really? Come on man.

Are you serious? Most people considered the Browns having one of the best lines in football. Most people have considered Thomas the best LT in football and Steinbach and being one of the best guards. So yes it is one of the best lines in football. Please tell me how it isn't?

Browns offensive line has serious issues:

Artis Hicks-Claimed off Waivers to start at left guard.

Tony Pashos-Right Tackle has his foot in a walking boot. Pashos has played only 11 games in the last two years because of injuries.

If Pashos is out, then Oniel Cousins (recently cut by Baltimore) will start.

Browns also have injury issues with 2 of their 3 starting linebackers.

Bengals D will have a field day in Cleveland.

No doubt the Browns offensive line this year is a worry. With injuries and all that, but last year it was considered the best.

For the life of me I can't figure out when the Browns became this awesome team that people are acting like they are. They got a new HC, new offense, new defense, still weak at WR, offensive line has injury problems, they let go one of the best fullbacks in the league, their defense lost one of the better DC in the league in Rob Ryan, they changed a lot of their D-line. Not to mention they have a 2nd year QB who didn't really look that good last year the few starts he had. Yet with all that people are acting like the Browns are definitely on the right track and so much better. When in reality the Bengals defense should be better than the Browns, the Bengals WR's should be better than the Browns, with the Browns injuries on the O-line who knows if the Browns O-line is still better, at TE and running back IMO it is a Wash because with the Bengals going back to running the ball more Benson should put up good numbers. As long as Dalton just doesn't flat out suck, the Bengals as a team should be better. The only big advantage is the Browns are at home, while the Bengals bring a young team for their first game on the road. I could at least understand if people have acted like this if they were playing a good team, but they are playing the Browns. Who I think we will see as the season goes on are worst off than the Bengals as a team.

If Dalton doesn't turn the ball over in the 1st Quarter then I think the Bengals will win. Each week he seems to get settled in quicker than the week before. I still think the Bengals are going to be better than most think. Gruden has said, even early on, that Dalton is making the right "reads" quickly which most rookie's don't make. His problem early on has been his accuracy and after he settles down his completion percentage was great. I will take the Bengal's 17-10...

Heard an interesting tidbit on Dalton. He is part of the 26/27/60 club. This is a measurement of three things for QB's who have achieved tremendous success in the NFL. The first number is at least a score of 26 on the Wunderlic Test. The second is at least 27 starts in college and the third is at least a 60% completion percentage in college. Dalton qualifies. QB's who fit this criteria have performed very well during their NFL career. QB's who have not fit this criteria have not done well in the NFL. I heard Dan Hoard talking about this last night on the radio and thought it was interesting.