Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals / Browns Week 1

Bengals or Browns? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Bengals or Browns?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I wouldn't classify that as a sucker bet at all. With that said I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting any action on it. I don't think either team should be favored by 7 against anyone. Usually when the public bets something up like that they are wrong.

 

I agree. I can't believe the guys out there missed as bad as people are betting them down. I think the spread was supposed to be around 1.5 or 2 when they first released games. Unless the odds makers really believed CP was never going to sit then the Bengals will actually be a good value bet to start the year IMO. It's really hard to think that, but I will take them +7 or higher this week and most weeks in the first month or so.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I agree. I can't believe the guys out there missed as bad as people are betting them down. I think the spread was supposed to be around 1.5 or 2 when they first released games. Unless the odds makers really believed CP was never going to sit then the Bengals will actually be a good value bet to start the year IMO. It's really hard to think that, but I will take them +7 or higher this week and most weeks in the first month or so.

 

OK. I'm just looking at the Bengals with a new offense, rookie QB, inexperienced WRs, Bobby Williams suspended, on the road. Recipe for a blowout. Might not be, but I sure wouldn't bet against it. Just me though. Good Luck.

OK. I'm just looking at the Bengals with a new offense, rookie QB, inexperienced WRs, Bobby Williams suspended, on the road. Recipe for a blowout. Might not be, but I sure wouldn't bet against it. Just me though. Good Luck.

 

Which in this case you have to look at who they are playing too. A team who lost one of their best lineman too in Steinbach. A team who is playing a rather inexperienced QB too in McCoy. A team who's receivers are not that experienced either, and are less talented. TE's it is wash between the two. Runningbacks for me at least I am not convinced on Hillis still. Teams will be more ready for him this year, but he could prove me wrong. Defensively the Bengals should be better than the Browns. So you can't just look at whats wrong with the Bengals, you have to look at who they are playing. Not to mention the Browns have a rookie head coach, a new DC and and are running a new offense too. The only real advantage Cleveland his is that their playing at home.

  • Author
Which in this case you have to look at who they are playing too. A team who lost one of their best lineman too in Steinbach. A team who is playing a rather inexperienced QB too in McCoy. A team who's receivers are not that experienced either, and are less talented. TE's it is wash between the two. Runningbacks for me at least I am not convinced on Hillis still. Teams will be more ready for him this year, but he could prove me wrong. Defensively the Bengals should be better than the Browns. So you can't just look at whats wrong with the Bengals, you have to look at who they are playing. Not to mention the Browns have a rookie head coach, a new DC and and are running a new offense too. The only real advantage Cleveland his is that their playing at home.

 

I would have never brought coaching into this conversation if I were promoting the Bengals chances in this game. I hope you're right, but I just wouldn't being throwing my wallet into it. I still say it's a sucker bet. We'll find out Sunday.

The Browns have a decisive advantage at the QB position fc. To say otherwise is an extreme bias towards the Bengals.

Still not convinced on Hillis? Really? About the only thing you can hope for is that the curse happens this week.

^I'm not convinced about Hillis being a top tier back, but I think he's more than servicable to tear up the Bengals front 7.

He's more than serviceable, he provides some relief for the soph QB.

The Browns have a decisive advantage at the QB position fc. To say otherwise is an extreme bias towards the Bengals.

 

I can understand if people say the Browns have a slight advantage, but not a decisive advantage. Colt McCoy showed me abolutely nothing last year when he played, and they say he has a weaker arm than Dalton. He is also having to learn a new offense this year too. So I can understand if people say they have a slight advantage, because of him having some actual game experience. However other than that, he has shown nothing to think he will do well in the NFL.

Still not convinced on Hillis? Really? About the only thing you can hope for is that the curse happens this week.

 

No I am not. We seen a Browns running back at the end of the 2009 season tear it up the last 4 games of the year, and even had a 200 plus yard game. Then never heard of the guy again, and then last year Hillis did his thing. We see running backs in the league who have had great years, and then nothing after that. He also had one of the best lines in football, and now that line is missing Steinbach. So having one good year does not sell me on him, and add to the fact that he wont come out and surprise people this year. I think we see his numbers really go down this year.

OK. I'm just looking at the Bengals with a new offense, rookie QB, inexperienced WRs, Bobby Williams suspended, on the road. Recipe for a blowout. Might not be, but I sure wouldn't bet against it. Just me though. Good Luck.

 

I agree with everything you're saying, but over a TD in the NFL is huge. When win totals came out a few weeks back the Gals were 7.5 and Cleveland was 6.5. I stick by my feeling that there is value with the Gals +7 or higher. If I hear they thought CP would be in camp I'll change my mind. Otherwise I could see them covering 10 or so games this year but winning only 3 or 4.

The Browns have a decisive advantage at the QB position fc. To say otherwise is an extreme bias towards the Bengals.

 

Agreed

No I am not. We seen a Browns running back at the end of the 2009 season tear it up the last 4 games of the year, and even had a 200 plus yard game. Then never heard of the guy again, and then last year Hillis did his thing. We see running backs in the league who have had great years, and then nothing after that. He also had one of the best lines in football, and now that line is missing Steinbach. So having one good year does not sell me on him, and add to the fact that he wont come out and surprise people this year. I think we see his numbers really go down this year.
Really? Come on man.
I agree with everything you're saying, but over a TD in the NFL is huge. When win totals came out a few weeks back the Gals were 7.5 and Cleveland was 6.5. I stick by my feeling that there is value with the Gals +7 or higher. If I hear they thought CP would be in camp I'll change my mind. Otherwise I could see them covering 10 or so games this year but winning only 3 or 4.

 

Agreed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.