Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals / Browns Week 1

Bengals or Browns? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Bengals or Browns?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 82
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this one is hard to pick, because there are many reasons NOT to chose either team. However I will just go with the Bengals, because if Dalton can play well or at least manage the game I do think they can win. However it is his first real game, and you know he will have some jitters so could also be bad. However I will go with the Bengals.

Browns 24-16. The Bungals won't stop Hillis.

Browns 24-16. The Bungals won't stop Hillis.

 

That is the one thing the Bengals have seemed to do well at least in the preseason and that is stop the run. I honestly think Hillis is going to end up being a one year wonder, and will go down this year.

That is the one thing the Bengals have seemed to do well at least in the preseason and that is stop the run. I honestly think Hillis is going to end up being a one year wonder, and will go down this year.

 

The only stud RB they faced was Deangelo Williams. He had 5 carries for 27 yards. I wouldn't put too much stock into the preseason as far as defense goes. The teams are playing vanilla offense, most of the time without their first stringers.

The only stud RB they faced was Deangelo Williams. He had 5 carries for 27 yards. I wouldn't put too much stock into the preseason as far as defense goes. The teams are playing vanilla offense, most of the time without their first stringers.

 

I know this, and just two years ago they were a top 5 defense and were good against the run. So it's not impossible to think the Bengals defense could be better this year again, especially against the run. Having Rey in the middle should help make them a tougher team against the run at least.

 

As for Hillis he needs to do it for more than one year before I consider him a stud. I really do think he will end up being a one year wonder though.

^ I don't consider Hillis a stud, yet. I was just pointing out that they really haven't faced an AP, Chris Johnson, or even Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall (outside of Williams).

  • Author
Browns 13-10.

 

I was going to go 20-10, but then remembered that Carson will not be on the field to give Cleveland a TD, so I also go with 13-10 Browns

I was going to go 20-10, but then remembered that Carson will not be on the field to give Cleveland a TD, so I also go with 13-10 Browns

 

:lol: I don't see either offense do much but for different reasons. Bengals D should be able to hold Cle in check but the offense won't give them enough to win.

I was going to go 20-10, but then remembered that Carson will not be on the field to give Cleveland a TD, so I also go with 13-10 Browns

 

Nice, :lol:.

 

I'll take the Browns 28-7.

Bengals win this one against the Clowns. 23-20.

Browns win by 14! Colt had a great preseason.

Bobbie Williams has been suspended for the first 4 games. I believe this is going to be a serious issue for the Bengals, as it appears they may have to start Boling (spelling), the rookie. Dalton may not make it through his first game without getting hurt.

I think the Browns will fluster Dalton, but still think it will be close with the Brownies pulling it out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.