Ach du lieber, Hofbrau!

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I think it's fair to say that they were getting a tad bit frustrated with all the people stealing their mugs. Simple solution, require a deposit. If mug not returned, charge the card.

Agreed. If they're reporting 150-200 stolen each week, that's got to be, what, at least $600 a week (conservatively) lost in stolen property?

I can tell you one problem that I've seen more and more down there, though, is the fact that their staff doesn't cut off intoxicated, or even the extremely intoxicated patrons. They are way too lax with that.

Agreed. If they're reporting 150-200 stolen each week, that's got to be, what, at least $600 a week lost in stolen property?

I can tell you one problem that I've seen more and more down there, though, is the fact that their staff doesn't cut off intoxicated, or even the extremely intoxicated patrons. They are way too lax with that.

I agree Colonel. I stopped going there due to the over served, obnoxious patrons. I have witnessed first hand many mugs being smuggled out of there.

The Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Control Board needs to be more concerned with how the bouncers treat patrons at neighobring Arnie's in my personal opinion...and I'll just leave my comments at that and say that I refuse to go there.

:thumb:

The fact that they've singled out Hofbrau is a joke IMO. They do a MUCH better job policing the place than almost any of the other bars in the area.

The Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Control Board needs to be more concerned with how the bouncers treat patrons at neighobring Arnie's in my personal opinion...and I'll just leave my comments at that and say that I refuse to go there.

People go to Arnies?

:thumb:

The fact that they've singled out Hofbrau is a joke IMO. They do a MUCH better job policing the place than almost any of the other bars in the area.

I think the bouncer assaulting an attorney and/or his wife is what sent this one over the edge.

Agreed. If they're reporting 150-200 stolen each week, that's got to be, what, at least $600 a week (conservatively) lost in stolen property?
The article says the steins cost the Hofbrau $5.00 each and are re-sold for $15.95 with a meal. So, if those numbers (150-200/week) are true, theft is costing them anywhere from $39,000 to $52,000 each year in inventory loss and $85,800 to $114,400 in potential profit.

After reading the last several posts I have to ask, what's the deal with NKY? I don't see any of these issues with anything near regularity in the Highlands.
It's something that happens here in the big city. You country folk wouldn't be able to relate. :cool:

After reading the last several posts I have to ask, what's the deal with NKY? I don't see any of these issues with anything near regularity in the Highlands.

I rarely see any issues when I am out. I don't think much is going on in NKY really other than at Hofbrau maybe.