Ach du lieber, Hofbrau!

Colonels_Wear_Blue

The article says the steins cost the Hofbrau $5.00 each and are re-sold for $15.95 with a meal. So, if those numbers (150-200/week) are true, theft is costing them anywhere from $39,000 to $52,000 each year in inventory loss and $85,800 to $114,400 in potential profit.

I must have missed the part about the cost of the steins. You can bet I'd be paying to have somebody at the door if I was losing that kind of money to theft...I just don't know if I'd be paying a felon to watch my door.

I must have missed the part about the cost of the steins. You can bet I'd be paying to have somebody at the door if I was losing that kind of money to theft...I just don't know if I'd be paying a felon to watch my door.
This seems like a less confrontational solution than having a goon at the door. Also seems like it is much more effecient as well.

Simple solution, require a deposit. If mug not returned, charge the card.

This seems like a less confrontational solution than having a goon at the door. Also seems like it is much more effecient as well.

Yeah yeah yeah...but what's gonna happen when all of the goons are unemployed? They'll be left roaming the streets and stealing all of our lunch money, that's what. :eek:

Maybe he is the one stealing?

But it seems like they got rid of the troubled employees, I am sure that will help! But, they need to have someone train their security force as well! Doing work in personal security type stuff I can tell you that some or most of this could have been avoided! But if someone is refusing to open their bag HH has the right to detain them until police get there! If someone won't open up their bag that should tell you something!

I have thought many times about taking a few steins but never did, but WOW! 150-200 a week? I have seen a lot go into bags amost everytime I go there and I go there often, so that figure may be correct!

:lol: :lol:

We are a simple people down here!

Yeah...pretty much we like to have a good time and leave the place the way we found it. Sometimes that's not the prettiest (Outlook, Backdoor), but they keep welcoming us back that way. :D