Boone County 2011/2012

Boone will be extremely deep at the guard position with Stanley, Downs, Pitts, and Palmer.

I think the Rebels will really miss Brown and Crabtree down low. McQueary will need to step out of his comfort zone some and fill the void down low. Everyone knows the kid can light it up from outside but I think a post game and attacking the rim more could really elevate his game and be a huge asset for Boone.

I'd look for Boone to be somewhere in the top 4 of the region this year.

If I am Coach M i try to run an open post offense due to depth at gauard and no depth inside. Attack the rim and kick to Zane.

With guys like Pitts, Stanley, and Downs, Boone should be able to get a lot of open looks for Zane.

With guys like Pitts, Stanley, and Downs, Boone should be able to get a lot of open looks for Zane.

Right. However sticking him in the post would be a mistake. Open it up. More teams should do it.

They have a pretty good center coming up in Nolan Brossart sp? He was a freshman last year and broke his collar bone mid season, he is around 6'5 with real good hands and moves his feet really well. If he decides to keep playing basketball he will see some varsity time next year.

What about the younger Stanley? Isn't he supposed to be the next coming.

You are right Q. The kid was a middle school prodigy. Didn't hear much about him last year as I believe he was dealing with injury. Will be curious to see where he fits in this season. Will he be playing frosh, JV or Varsity? I would think with his legendary status, he would move straight to Varsity. I can remember people here not so long ago saying he was the best player in the state in his class. Is that still the case? Looking forward to watching him play.

He is a very talented player, however he missed the entire season and as off a couple weeks ago he was still not cleared to go full speed. I am guessing he will start out playing frosh, and play a lot of jv. Boone is pretty deep at the guard position.