Oprah's Last Show

MJAlltheWay24

Never understood the hatred so many people have towards Oprah. Is she a little annoying at time? Sure. Has her show inspired millions to do "pay it forward" and make a difference in their little corners of the world? Absolutely! That fact is hard to dispute. What is so wrong with that? :idunno:

We rarely agree, but on this we do!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never have, never will. Can't stand her.

I'm curious...

UKMF and others who have posted similarly: What exactly is it that you can't stand about her? I actually have a low tolerance for celebrities that think the world revolve around them, and I just don't see it in her. In fact, I think she had truly good intentions in using her show and status as a platform to create positive life-altering change in people around the world. Please enlighten me and fill me in on what I must, certainly, be turning a blind eye to.

Never understood the hatred so many people have towards Oprah. Is she a little annoying at time? Sure. Has her show inspired millions to do "pay it forward" and make a difference in their little corners of the world? Absolutely! That fact is hard to dispute. What is so wrong with that? :idunno:

Yep, Gotta agree with this one.

I'm curious...

UKMF and others who have posted similarly: What exactly is it that you can't stand about her? I actually have a low tolerance for celebrities that think the world revolve around them, and I just don't see it in her. In fact, I think she had truly good intentions in using her show and status as a platform to create positive life-altering change in people around the world. Please enlighten me and fill me in on what I must, certainly, be turning a blind eye to.

I think Oprah has been wonderful and used her success the way I would hope many successful people would use their success. Her show , however is just one I don't care to watch and her magazine is one I really don't care to buy. I personnally like to read "Guns and Garden" . Great magazine if you don't already read it.

Edited by Birdsfan

I'm curious...

Anybody that powerful is just plain creepy. And I question whether her motives are good as opposed to self-serving.

Does it matter if they are self serving if they do good at the same time?

And futher, I wonder if people just think she's self-serving because she is high-profile? I seem to see a theme that if people are high-profile, and get attention for the good they do, people mistrust their motives. While it's possible that self-serving motives are at play, I think Oprah, and probably most celebs feel a responsibility to bring publicity to causes they cherish.

I'm curious...

I find her incredibly annoying. I also think she flaunts her wealth and power unnecessarily. You went to Africa and donated tons of money to the needy, which is wonderful, but do you really need to film it and make it available for purchase? Sounds self-serving to me.

I agree with Jim, yes she's done a ton of good, but I seriously question her motives. I think she's a very self-absorbed person.

Also, the person who said Oprah doesn't get involved in politics, :lol: are you kidding me?

And futher, I wonder if people just think she's self-serving because she is high-profile? I seem to see a theme that if people are high-profile, and get attention for the good they do, people mistrust their motives. While it's possible that self-serving motives are at play, I think Oprah, and probably most celebs feel a responsibility to bring publicity to causes they cherish.

It's one thing if a news organization picks up on it, and does a story on it. It's quite another when you film it and flaunt all the good you do, then make said videos available for purchase.

It's one thing if a news organization picks up on it, and does a story on it. It's quite another when you film it and flaunt all the good you do, then make said videos available for purchase.
Yeah I agree, humble is not a word one could use to describe her.