Do You Believe?

dolamite

I think that some of these alleged UFO's were just Nancy Pelosi and Joy Behar are out on their brooms. The last eclipse was probably Oprah Winfrey or Al Gore flying with them.

As for the thread querstion, No I do not believe in UFO's.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at dozens of Youtube meteor videos and this looks the closest to it but is still far from what we all saw. I have messaged them and showed them some of these videos and told them it could have possibly been a meteor and after watching the videos they all still say, nah thats not it as well.

All the above videos are impressive, but a few things stick out to me. All of them you can clearly see a tail or at least say that the meteor is trailing something. Also when the flash occurs the flash is generally the same color and also lights up the sky around it. Another thing is most of these fall straight down towards earth.

What we saw last night did not have a tail at all, was just a fast moving light. It moved almost horizontally across the horizon, even appeared to be moving upwards a little bit. When it flashed, the light that had been moving expanded but the flash of light did not light up the sky around it. When it did flash it was a distinct blue color, but changed colors a couple of times until it ended up a tealish green color that then vanished without a trace. All of those videos have a couple similarities in what we saw, but theres no way I can say it was a meteor. In fact I would even say I would feel more comfortable still saying I don't know what in the world it could have been opposed to saying it was probably just a meteor.

I had heard people I know talk about seeing something before, in similar instances but of course you just take them at their word. When you see something yourself though and live in that moment to where you can't explain what you just saw, it is really powerful. Something I will never forget.

I went inside and got my wife to witness to make sure I was not seeing things or going crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
All the above videos are impressive, but a few things stick out to me. All of them you can clearly see a tail or at least say that the meteor is trailing something. Also when the flash occurs the flash is generally the same color and also lights up the sky around it. Another thing is most of these fall straight down towards earth.

What we saw last night did not have a tail at all, was just a fast moving light. It moved almost horizontally across the horizon, even appeared to be moving upwards a little bit. When it flashed, the light that had been moving expanded but the flash of light did not light up the sky around it. When it did flash it was a distinct blue color, but changed colors a couple of times until it ended up a tealish green color that then vanished without a trace. All of those videos have a couple similarities in what we saw, but theres no way I can say it was a meteor. In fact I would even say I would feel more comfortable still saying I don't know what in the world it could have been opposed to saying it was probably just a meteor.

What you saw was almost certainly a meteorite. I've been out during meteor showers and seen many rather spectacular meteors that did not have tails. They can enter the earth's atmosphere at any angle (relative to our viewing position) -- down, sideways, even upward.

Also, they don't always fall to the ground. In fact, most burn up after just a few seconds. The brightening and color changing you saw was a result of the reaction between various elements present in the layers of the atmosphere with the chemical composition of the meteor. Each layer of the atmosphere a different mixture of gasses. Those gasses give off various colors as they burn. The sudden brightening could have just been variation in the burn rate of the object or perhaps it was breaking up.

You may also have witnessed space junk coming back to earth. It seems like, whenever there is a mass reporting of some spectacular object in the night, it turns out that a rocket booster, a dead satellite or some other big piece of garbage had returned to "cinder." I witnessed one of those myself. Thought sure I'd witnessed E.T. making a landing. Turned out to be the spent booster stage of a Russian rocket.

Of course, I believe that there are Unidentified Flying Objects.

However, I do not believe that they are extraterrestrial life. There is no evidence to support it. I do believe that life does exist outside of earth, but it is too far away to have made contact with us.

Agreed. :thumb:

What you saw was almost certainly a meteorite. I've been out during meteor showers and seen many rather spectacular meteors that did not have tails. They can enter the earth's atmosphere at any angle (relative to our viewing position) -- down, sideways, even upward.

Also, they don't always fall to the ground. In fact, most burn up after just a few seconds. The brightening and color changing you saw was a result of the reaction between various elements present in the layers of the atmosphere with the chemical composition of the meteor. Each layer of the atmosphere a different mixture of gasses. Those gasses give off various colors as they burn. The sudden brightening could have just been variation in the burn rate of the object or perhaps it was breaking up.

You may also have witnessed space junk coming back to earth. It seems like, whenever there is a mass reporting of some spectacular object in the night, it turns out that a rocket booster, a dead satellite or some other big piece of garbage had returned to "cinder." I witnessed one of those myself. Thought sure I'd witnessed E.T. making a landing. Turned out to be the spent booster stage of a Russian rocket.

I have thought about it a lot since the moment it happened and although possible I just don't think I can ever really say it was a meteor. My friend who saw the whole thing said it moved very erratically, said it was just crazy. All I really got to see was the flashes of color but wow was that crazy.

I have thought about it a lot since the moment it happened and although possible I just don't think I can ever really say it was a meteor. My friend who saw the whole thing said it moved very erratically, said it was just crazy. All I really got to see was the flashes of color but wow was that crazy.
I'm not trying to debunk your experience, but they can move erratically sometimes too. I can vaguely remember seeing at least one make a weird turn like that, in mid-flight.