Fitness goals?

woodsrider

On January 3 I weighed in at 265...this am I weighed in at 225...I really hit the eliptical had 30-60 minutes...for every 30 minutes I try to get 4 miles in...I also try and make it to spin classes 1-2 times a week and swim heavy 1 day a week. I plan to do a sprint triathalon in June...I bought a god bike and enjoy riding outside now that the weather has broken (road 20 miles last night). I haven't weighed under 205 since I was 15 (High school and college Olineman). That is my goal.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point we plan on having kids. IM training is another job. I can see myself sticking with shorter triathlons from here on.

That's true, once your kids get old enough to be in sports, your personal training has to take a backseat. I always try and get in one weekend workout if I can, but many times I am gone the entire weekend because of swimming, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc...

At some point we plan on having kids. IM training is another job. I can see myself sticking with shorter triathlons from here on.

That's true, once your kids get old enough to be in sports, your personal training has to take a backseat. I always try and get in one weekend workout if I can, but many times I am gone the entire weekend because of swimming, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc...

Kids will definitely put a damper on doing much of anything for yourself. That's why I work out at 5:30am every morning. If I ever get seriously into crossfit I will build my own gym in my garage.

Kids will definitely put a damper on doing much of anything for yourself. That's why I work out at 5:30am every morning. If I ever get seriously into crossfit I will build my own gym in my garage.

My wife is a trainer at a Cross fit gym, you could probably get everything u need for not much money. Old tractor tire that you could get for free probably,sledge hammer, couple of old towboat ropes, home made pull up bar, couple of kettlebells(most expensive part) and could prob find some used weights on craigslist or in the classifieds and you'd be set.

Today was my non lifting day so I did some mobility work then...

"Jackie"

1000 meter row

45 pound Thruster, 50 reps

30 pull-ups

Took me 15:10 to complete. I smoked the 1000 meter row in 3:46 but pretty much wiped out my legs doing it. Took for ever to finish the thrusters. Didn't know legs coudl hurt that bad. I also did the pull-ups with an under hand grip because the thrusters also smoked my lats and I knew there was no chance of doing the pull-ups over handed.

I think I could've finished it quicker but didn't want to puke in front of everyone at the Y.

My wife is a trainer at a Cross fit gym, you could probably get everything u need for not much money. Old tractor tire that you could get for free probably,sledge hammer, couple of old towboat ropes, home made pull up bar, couple of kettlebells(most expensive part) and could prob find some used weights on craigslist or in the classifieds and you'd be set.

I figured it would end up costing around $1000. That's going with brand new bumper plates and bar and would get me most of the basics (kettlebells,medicine ball, rings). I've been playing phone tag with owner of the affiliate in Evansville trying to find out membership costs and some other details. If I do it I would go there for a few months to learn techniques on some of olympic lifts while I build my home gym. Is she a level 1 or 2?

Kentucky

Bowling Green

CrossFit Old School

Covington

CrossFit Covington

Erlanger

CrossFit Hustle

Florence

CrossFit Northern Kentucky

Lexington

CrossFit Maximus

Louisville

»CrossFit Louisville

»Derby City CrossFit

»CrossFit Louisville East

»CrossFit the Ville

Paducah

CrossFit Paducah

Walton

Triple Crown CrossFit

I would like to drop 20 lbs in the next couple of months. We'll see if I can do it. I'm in pretty good shape, but my cardio is practically non existant as is my diet. Plan on changing that on Monday. I walk at NKU's graduation on Sunday so I'm going to have alot more free time to dedicate to myself/fitness goals from here on out.

^The best way to burn fat and lose weight while working out is doing just 30-60 second sprints. It's been proven! What I did to get the weight to fall off was running 4-8 400M sprints on the treadmill during my weight routines. You'll burn WAY more calories in that mile of sprints than if you just jogged a mile. Give it a shot and promise you'll be pleased with your results!