Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Knight or John Wall?

Who is a better Point Guard? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is a better Point Guard?

    • John Wall
      71%
      42
    • Brandon Knight
      28%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I love Knight but Wall every single day of the week.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke fan and I loved/love Wall, Cousins and Bledsoe and I liked watching and enjoyed watching last year's UK team much better than this year's team. I don't see how this is even a question. Imagine how great Wall would have been if he didn't have Cousins and Bledsoe. He only had to do so much last year because he had plenty of help and he was still SEC POY and garnered national POY attention as well. #1 pick in a draft considered stronger than this year's draft(is Knight even a lottery pick....) Numerous clutch situations by hitting a few different shots, clutch free throws and I even think he blocked a shot to seal a victory Vandy after he hit the free throws for the lead. Do you think Wall would have missed 3 potential game winning shots at Arkansas? How is this even a question? Knight is a great player for sure but he's no John Wall.

 

Knight takes care of the ball better than Wall because he shoots when Wall would pass plus Knight has to shoot more than Wall did.

I love Brandon Knight, he's a great player and leader IMO. However, there is not a single player in the NCAA I would rather have on my team than John Wall. The kid was an absolute phenom and an incredibly clutch player. Not to mention he was just fun to watch. This is no knock against Knight. I'm very happy having him lead this team.

If we could trade guards between the last 2 years team's and if benefit each team (if that makes sense) I would have loved to see Bledsoe on this team and Lamb on last years team. I believe that would have made each team better.

Knight is a much better FT shooter as well.

 

Wall= 75.4%

Knight= 79.7%

 

Not that big of a difference, but I do agree that I'd rather have Knight on the line.

 

If I can only have one, I'll take Wall but not by much.

I'll take Wall at any level. He's simply the better player. I agree with Hatz...Wall is a special talent and player. Guys like him don't come along every year. There are PG's of Knight's caliber available pretty much every recruiting class. And, I'm not saying this as a dig on Brandon Knight. I'm a big fan of him and his game and I'm glad he's in a UK uniform. I hope he returns for another season or two.

 

If you want some specific reasons, I think Wall is a superior playmaker, leader and clutch player.

John Wall seemed to take over games in the clutch. Sometimes with a shot, sometimes with a pass and sometimes with defense. I have to say Wall and that's not taking anything away from Brandon Knight. I believe John Wall is a once a decade kind of player.

 

Agreed.

 

I'll take Wall all day everyday and IMO it's not that close.

How soon you forget. This is not even close....John Wall.

How soon you forget. This is not even close....John Wall.

 

:thumb:

Wall.

 

I'd actually have rather they just swapped years. Knight last year and Wall this year (or swap Bledsoe/Lamb instead).

It's not even close for me, Wall is the much better player and I don't even think they are in the same ball-park. Knight is very good, but I think Wall was about as good as it gets. But, we are each allowed our own opinions, but I will never be convinced Knight is half the player that Wall was at UK. Wall was, IMO, the most clutch player UK has had since Tayshaun Prince.

 

Personally I think the better comparison would be Bledsoe and Knight. Bledsoe doesn't have the number to compare but I think had he got a chance to run the show on his own, he and Knight would be really similar numbers and production wise.

John Wall of course, but it's closer than I would have originally thought though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.