Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Knight or John Wall?

Who is a better Point Guard? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is a better Point Guard?

    • John Wall
      71%
      42
    • Brandon Knight
      28%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

After reading somethings on Kentucky.com it got me thinking, Brandon or John? Brandon shoots better, Wall drove better.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take Wall as a pg and Knight as a sg...

  • Author

I'll take John Wall, but my opinion might change if Knight comes back for 1 or 2 more seasons. That would factor into my decision. Right now I'm just looking at one Freshman season and assuming Knight leaves.

  • Author
I would take Wall as a pg and Knight as a sg...

 

That would be nice!

John Wall seemed to take over games in the clutch. Sometimes with a shot, sometimes with a pass and sometimes with defense. I have to say Wall and that's not taking anything away from Brandon Knight. I believe John Wall is a once a decade kind of player.

  • Author

This team as a whole seems to be more like able. Not as much to UK fans because I think we like our players no matter what, but to other teams fans. They hated Cousins and Wall.

I'll take Knight in college, and Wall in the pros.

Obviously talent wise its not even close its Wall. However when it comes to college, I might go with Knight. Or at least I probably would have went with Knight over Wall on last seasons UK team. I believe when it came to the tournament, Knight would have been the better one to have last year. Last year shooting was the problem, and he could have helped with that.

Wall everyday and twice on Sunday.

Wall came up big in some clutch spots last year. I love them both and would be happy with either, but I would have to take Wall.

Knight is a much better FT shooter as well.

I think Wall was a better leader and capable of dominating games without having to score lots of points. Knight is more of a scoring threat but does not have the leadership abilities of Wall. Also to me alot of Knights game revolves around putting it in the basket. The games he has played poorly he has not shot well where as Wall would sometimes score little but dominate the game with assists and making other types of plays.

 

In the end I feel like John Wall is the best point guard I have ever seen play at UK. I never saw a player capable of taking over a game so effortlessly and have such strong leadership qualities. I think Wall & Knight (I would add Bledsoe into this conversation also) are all great college guards and we are blessed to have had them play at UK.

This team as a whole seems to be more like able. Not as much to UK fans because I think we like our players no matter what, but to other teams fans. They hated Cousins and Wall.

 

That's because more teams have beat us!

John Wall wanted the ball at the end of the game and 95% of the time delivered. He was also very mature and handled adverse situations better than Knight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.