Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Knight or John Wall?

Who is a better Point Guard? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is a better Point Guard?

    • John Wall
      71%
      42
    • Brandon Knight
      28%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

We'll just have to agree to disagree on everything. No way would I take Knight before Wall in high school, college or pros. I can't blame last year's lack of success on Wall and I can't give Knight all of the credit for this year's success.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Harrellson could handle Sullinger I am sure Big Cuz and Patterson would have too. I thought all year and the whole tourney that UK could beat OSU. I have no doubt that Wall and company could too.

 

I thought Kansas, Syracuse and Kentucky's 2010 editions were better than any teams I watched this year.

 

ESPN Radio has been off on some vendetta against the tournament not crowning the best team. I don't get it. It's not about the "best" team for a whole season. We don't need a tournament for that. We know Kansas and Ohio State were the best for the season. It's about all the good teams having a chance to prove it on the court and being the better team for 6 games in March/April. Duke wasn't the best team in 2010. They were just better than their opponent in the six games that mattered. I don't think anyone believes our current final four was the best teams for the season, but one of them is going to be better than their opponent for the six games that matter.

I thought Kansas, Syracuse and Kentucky's 2010 editions were better than any teams I watched this year.

 

ESPN Radio has been off on some vendetta against the tournament not crowning the best team. I don't get it. It's not about the "best" team for a whole season. We don't need a tournament for that. We know Kansas and Ohio State were the best for the season. It's about all the good teams having a chance to prove it on the court and being the better team for 6 games in March/April. Duke wasn't the best team in 2010. They were just better than their opponent in the six games that mattered. I don't think anyone believes our current final four was the best teams for the season, but one of them is going to be better than their opponent for the six games that matter.

 

I agree with everything you said.

I think there were too many egos on last years team...the only true ego guy I see on this team is Jones, and for the last month they have won without him having big time games. They didn't have a blue collar guy last year and it hurt them. This year they seem to know their current roles and are performing well within those roles. With that said, as a college point guard, I will take Knight.

 

Disagree completely about the egos of the team last year. They lost THREE games all year! Some of them may have had egos but they played extremely well together as a team.

Disagree completely about the egos of the team last year. They lost THREE games all year! Some of them may have had egos but they played extremely well together as a team.

 

I Completely agree. They played very well together, their one flaw was in the half court if they were missing shots. That flaw caught up to them in the elite 8, but it had nothing to do with their egos. They played well together, they just couldn't put the ball in the basket that game.

So Knight has had less talent around him than Wall, and he was still able to lead them to the final four. We have seen how Knight took off, once he started having some guys who started to score some in the post in Harrellson. Imagine if he had someone like Cousins all year down low, where teams had to respect the inside game more. So Knight has less talent around him, yet he has less turnovers, and does better in the half court game in the tournament.

 

All that has nothing to do with who was the better player. The NCAA tourney is as much about luck as it is skill. UK could have easily lost to Princeton this year and none of this would have happened. UK would have beat WVU about 8 times out of 10 last year IMO, but they didn't get it when it counted. How soon people forget how well WVU played that night, they were a terrible shooting team, and made nothing but 3s and free throws in the first half, and that is an actual stat I believe. Last year's team easily could have won the tourney had they not have played their worst game of the season against WVU. This year's team easily could have lost in the first round. The NCAA tourney is a crapshoot. That's not taking anything away from this team or last year's Final Four teams but it is what it is.

Disagree completely about the egos of the team last year. They lost THREE games all year! Some of them may have had egos but they played extremely well together as a team.

 

I think had last years team lost a couple more games they would have been better served. Had they faced as much adversity as this years team had, they might not have panicked like they did last year when they weren't hitting shots. It's the same thing that happend to Kansas this year. they panicked on Sunday.

I loved last years team, however by the time the tournament got here, I think a few of them were more worried about their draft status than anything else.

All that has nothing to do with who was the better player. The NCAA tourney is as much about luck as it is skill. UK could have easily lost to Princeton this year and none of this would have happened. UK would have beat WVU about 8 times out of 10 last year IMO, but they didn't get it when it counted. How soon people forget how well WVU played that night, they were a terrible shooting team, and made nothing but 3s and free throws in the first half, and that is an actual stat I believe. Last year's team easily could have won the tourney had they not have played their worst game of the season against WVU. This year's team easily could have lost in the first round. The NCAA tourney is a crapshoot. That's not taking anything away from this team or last year's Final Four teams but it is what it is.

 

This is my line of thinking as well.

I find it interesting that in one thread if Knight comes back he may lose his job to Teague and go to a Bledsoe role. In this thread the poll says Wall is the choice by 76% of voters as well. Those that say Knight is better than Wall or their choice as a college pg I ask you....if Wall had come back would Knight still be the point guard? Why would Knight lose his spot to Teague if he comes back if he is a better college point guard than Wall? Is Teague better than Wall as well? I don't see Wall losing his spot to either but it seems like Knight could lose his Teague. Is that correct?

I find it interesting that in one thread if Knight comes back he may lose his job to Teague and go to a Bledsoe role. In this thread the poll says Wall is the choice by 76% of voters as well. Those that say Knight is better than Wall or their choice as a college pg I ask you....if Wall had come back would Knight still be the point guard? Why would Knight lose his spot to Teague if he comes back if he is a better college point guard than Wall? Is Teague better than Wall as well? I don't see Wall losing his spot to either but it seems like Knight could lose his Teague. Is that correct?

 

One person said that come on. :lol:

One person said that come on. :lol:

 

I know.:D I did note that 76% of the people chose Wall over Knight yet we are on post 86.:idunno:

I know.:DI did note that 76% of the people chose Wall over Knight yet we are on post 86.:idunno:

 

Knight has led his team to the Final Four and hit two game winners along the way. Facts have changed since the question was first presented.

Knight has led his team to the Final Four and hit two game winners along the way. Facts have changed since the question was first presented.

 

Yeah, and he still isn't a better point guard than Wall. Is John Scheyer a better point guard than Kyrie Irving since he led his team to a title and Irving didn't? I don't think so......

I'll take either one of them. Both are completely different type of player. Any athleticism Knight gives up to Wall, he makes up for with his three point shotting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.