Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Knight or John Wall?

Who is a better Point Guard? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is a better Point Guard?

    • John Wall
      71%
      42
    • Brandon Knight
      28%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I keep seeing these Knight is clutch posts. Knight is smooth in the clutch...... Wall won games with jumpers, lay ups, free throws AND defense all in clutch situations. I understand the love fest for Knight especially right now with emotions so high but in the clutch department Wall still beats Knight because he did it so many different ways and so many times. Wall also didn't miss 3 game winning shots in one game like Knight did either.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep seeing these Knight is clutch posts. Knight is smooth in the clutch...... Wall won games with jumpers, lay ups, free throws AND defense all in clutch situations. I understand the love fest for Knight especially right now with emotions so high but in the clutch department Wall still beats Knight because he did it so many different ways and so many times. Wall also didn't miss 3 game winning shots in one game like Knight did either.

 

You do bring up a good point PP92, and its one that I have contemplated throughout the weekend as well. Knight did miss several game winning shots in that one game, but I think he's more than made up for it against Princeton and Ohio State combined with his effort yesterday.

 

I love Wall as a basketball player, he can do some fabulous things out there on the court. With saying that, I enjoy the offense that Knight's skill set allows us to run vs. the offense we ran last year with Wall. Both offenses are solid and get the job done, I just have a preference for this year.

 

Anyone else think the block (which was called a foul) yesterday by Knight looked like Wall last year? I sure did!

As an athlete its Wall every day of the week. However as a pg in college, especially in tournament time I would take Knight. In the tournament, especially the deeper you go teams will take away the fast break like WVU did, and make you a half court team. Which in the half court Wall did struggle, and couldn't create as well. While Knight could do both, he can play on the break and in half court. In the tournament you have to be able to play half court, and Knight is better when it comes to that.

Check the stats.....other than 3pt%, ft% and total points Wall has better stats as well.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Players/Wall_John.html

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Players/Knight_Brandon.html

 

 

 

The thread is called who would rather have as a point guard. I have a hard time picking Knight over Wall as a point guard just because of Knight's great play in the last month. Wall did it all year long. Wall won all year long. Now, I would take Knight over Bledsoe for sure but I can't do Knight over Wall. FWIW, It wouldn't bother me at all to see the Lakers make some moves so Magic can get Brandon Knight either. I could dig it. Fisher is my age. That's not good.

As an athlete its Wall every day of the week. However as a pg in college, especially in tournament time I would take Knight. In the tournament, especially the deeper you go teams will take away the fast break like WVU did, and make you a half court team. Which in the half court Wall did struggle, and couldn't create as well. While Knight could do both, he can play on the break and in half court. In the tournament you have to be able to play half court, and Knight is better when it comes to that.

 

So because to date Knight made it one more game farther than Wall in the tourney he gets the nod? Okay.

You do bring up a good point PP92, and its one that I have contemplated throughout the weekend as well. Knight did miss several game winning shots in that one game, but I think he's more than made up for it against Princeton and Ohio State combined with his effort yesterday.

 

I love Wall as a basketball player, he can do some fabulous things out there on the court. With saying that, I enjoy the offense that Knight's skill set allows us to run vs. the offense we ran last year with Wall. Both offenses are solid and get the job done, I just have a preference for this year.

 

Anyone else think the block (which was called a foul) yesterday by Knight looked like Wall last year? I sure did!

 

Is your preference swayed because UK is in the Final Four? Seemed like last year's team was everyone favorite team. I understand and appreciate the affection for teams on a yearly basis but I even I liked last year's team a little bit. I really liked Wall(can you tell:D). It just seems like now everyone is saying they love this year's team but it seemed I heard more displeasure throughout the year about this year's team. Didn't hear so much last year. Do you like this year's team better than last year's?

Is your preference swayed because UK is in the Final Four? Seemed like last year's team was everyone favorite team. I understand and appreciate the affection for teams on a yearly basis but I even I liked last year's team a little bit. I really liked Wall(can you tell:D). It just seems like now everyone is saying they love this year's team but it seemed I heard more displeasure throughout the year about this year's team. Didn't hear so much last year. Do you like this year's team better than last year's?

 

I know that it would be easy to question that, but I said very early in the season (maybe not on BGP) that I was actually a bigger fan of this team because of the style of play. I love the defensive intensity, I love the fact that we can knock down the three with great consistancy, and I love the heart that this team plays with. All things they do better than last year, and all things that I want out of my team.

 

Don't get me wrong, I loved last years team too. And honestly I probably enjoyed the players more on an individual level (Wall, Cousins, and Patterson). But as a collective unit, I can definitely say that I enjoy this years team more and would say the same if they had lost to OSU in the Sweet Sixteen. Just wish I had a post from Dec. to prove it, you'll just have to take my word on it that my roommate and I had many conversations about it haha!

I know that it would be easy to question that, but I said very early in the season (maybe not on BGP) that I was actually a bigger fan of this team because of the style of play. I love the defensive intensity, I love the fact that we can knock down the three with great consistancy, and I love the heart that this team plays with. All things they do better than last year, and all things that I want out of my team.

 

Don't get me wrong, I loved last years team too. And honestly I probably enjoyed the players more on an individual level (Wall, Cousins, and Patterson). But as a collective unit, I can definitely say that I enjoy this years team more and would say the same if they had lost to OSU in the Sweet Sixteen. Just wish I had a post from Dec. to prove it, you'll just have to take my word on it that my roommate and I had many conversations about it haha!

 

 

I take your word for it. I was curious. I asked because last year's Duke team isn't one of my top 5, maybe not even top 10 favorite Duke teams. I was wondering how much winning affects some people's feelings.

My mind hasn't changed from when I voted before... I would still take Knight in college.

I seem to like Knight, better shooter and takes care of the ball better.

 

That says it all.

Does everyone forget that Wall missed the wide open jumper badly in the SEC tourny that big Cuz got the put back on...I will take Knight over wall with 15 seconds left and we need a basket from the PG position.

So because to date Knight made it one more game farther than Wall in the tourney he gets the nod? Okay.

It is certainly worth pointing out, especially when you look at the overall talent level of both teams.

 

Would UK have beat WVU last year had Knight been on the team instead of Wall? Me thinks probably.

It is certainly worth pointing out, especially when you look at the overall talent level of both teams.

 

Would UK have beat WVU last year had Knight been on the team instead of Wall? Me thinks probably.

 

Me too...I also don' know if UK would be where they are this year with Walls running the point and Knight not on the team. The 3 pointer is great neutralizer and Knight ha been dialed in for a while now.

 

How many more minutes a game is Knight playing than what Wall did...?

Check the stats.....other than 3pt%, ft% and total points Wall has better stats as well.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Players/Wall_John.html

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Players/Knight_Brandon.html

 

The thread is called who would rather have as a point guard. I have a hard time picking Knight over Wall as a point guard just because of Knight's great play in the last month. Wall did it all year long. Wall won all year long. Now, I would take Knight over Bledsoe for sure but I can't do Knight over Wall. FWIW, It wouldn't bother me at all to see the Lakers make some moves so Magic can get Brandon Knight either. I could dig it. Fisher is my age. That's not good.

 

You forgot an important one, and that is turnovers. Wall had much more turnovers than Knight. Remember in college basketball just having a great regular season is not the most important thing. Its what you do in tournament time. In tournament time when you get further along, teams will make you a half court team. That is what Wall struggled with, while Knight can do that. Yes Wall's team won a lot of games last year, but it was also more talented than this years team. I think its easy to believe that with Knight instead of Wall last year, that they still would have done about the same. Maybe one more lost in the regular season, but maybe a better chance of getting past that elite 8 when they couldn't win it having to play a half court game. You want to take the guy who gives you the best chance to win in the tournament, and that is Knight IMO. Now in the NBA it is a different story.

So because to date Knight made it one more game farther than Wall in the tourney he gets the nod? Okay.

 

He has made it further and with less talent. Which it comes down to being able to execute in a half court offense. You have to do that in the tournament, and that is why UK lost last year, and why this years team is in the final four. Put Knight on last years team, they are about the same and maybe get to the final four. Put Wall on this years team, and I doubt they make it to the final four. It all comes down to being able to execute in the half court, and that is what Wall struggled with. Plus his turnovers were costly last year too in the half court.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.