Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

Well...while a few posters have commented on the lack lustre performance..they were not the ones who played the day before and then rolled out for 4 OT's the next day on a college court. I will forgive the less than NBA performance and just say both teams deserve recognition.

No argument here but to put them on an all tournament team simply because they played in the championship game would ignore some other very nice performances in the tournament.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a lot of action shots of the game. NKU top notch when it comes to lighting. However, these few shots really stood out after I went back and looked at my pics. The action shots are neat but these just help explain the game.

5506105695_81cd499c0a_z.jpg

5506161043_616f85fdc4_z.jpg

5506064047_d378c9899b_z.jpg

5506592352_c3da7b9756_z.jpg

5506468682_48d6e2497d_z.jpg

some great pics. Nick Benge can still jump as high as he did in High School, about 6''

A lot has been said about Zeke over the past few months because of some antics during football season but what I saw during the region tournament was a mature young man that has grown both as a person and athlete.

Kid took a beating over the past 2 days and continued to just keep his mouth shut and play ball. Never once complained to officials or anyone else.

BTW, anyone else notice that Parker Stansberry wasn't named to the All tournament team?

Dixie: Zeke Pike, Brandon Hatton, Matt Trammel

Newcath: Jake Geisler, Brady Hightchew

Ryle: Zack Perkins

Boone Co: Chase Stanley, Cooper Downs

Holmes: Quan Palmer

St. Henry: Zach Dedden

Highlands: Jack Stewart

Covcath: Jake Thelen

St. Henry; Zach Barnett

One last thought, it's amazing that Dixe won this game in that 4th overtime with Pike and Stansberry on the bench. You had Hatton, Trammel, Hassel, Muntis (who fouled out midway through), Cohorn and Evans against New Cath's starting five. Could New Cath have survived a full overtime if Geisler and Miller had fouled out? I think it goes to show how good Dixie's guards are and specifically Hatton and Trammel.

What I really enjoyed in the pics in post #275 is this. There are three pics of Geisler blocking shots and it is clear in all three that there is no foul. People complained all year that Geisler got away with fouls but those pics show his excellence at avoiding contact when blocking shots.

What I really enjoyed in the pics in post #275 is this. There are three pics of Geisler blocking shots and it is clear in all three that there is no foul. People complained all year that Geisler got away with fouls but those pics show his excellence at avoiding contact when blocking shots.

You are right on the money with that call.