NDA 72 Ryle 62

Ryle has been a disappointment for all of their talent. Not taking anything away from the girls, but questions have to be asked. Is coaching two varsity sports too much for one coach?

I do not think it's because of two sports.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NDA shot lights out in the first half and were up by around 20 or more points at one time early in the third but Ryle started coming back and if NDA hadn't hit their free throws, Ryle would have won.

In the first half I would bet NDA had to hit around 70% from the floor as they were indeed on fire and Ryle couldn't have hit the ocean from the beach and while NDA did get rattled in the late third and fouth, they hung on to take the win.

Clyde a couple of Stripes questions:

NDA called a 30 second time out but Ryle either didn't hear them or didn't care and sat down on their chairs. Not a single Stripe made a call, shouldn't there have been a call of some sort?

NDA had a player foul out, both teams came to the sidelines but a Ryle player went off the playing floor to get a chair to lean on to stretch her leg and then laid down outside the playing floor while a trainer worked on her leg. First during that one minute period aren't the players required to stay on the floor and indeed if the player got worked on or was off the floor wasn't it a "T" or at least the player should been replaced?

I do not think it's because of two sports.

I am trying to be kind....the coach is obviously very strong in fast pitch softball as she has won regional crowns at two different schools, but in basketball...not the case. I would argue that everyone in the 9th region with maybe the exception of Nell at Boone would trade their talent for hers.

And minus one superstar player for the Rebels-Nell would trade too...

The softball season did begin 02-15-11, and I do think in district and region play there has to be some organizational conflicts with basketball and softball.

NDA shot lights out in the first half and were up by around 20 or more points at one time early in the third but Ryle started coming back and if NDA hadn't hit their free throws, Ryle would have won.

In the first half I would bet NDA had to hit around 70% from the floor as they were indeed on fire and Ryle couldn't have hit the ocean from the beach and while NDA did get rattled in the late third and fouth, they hung on to take the win.

NDA called a 30 second time out but Ryle either didn't hear them or didn't care and sat down on their chairs. Not a single Stripe made a call, shouldn't there have been a call of some sort?

NDA had a player foul out, both teams came to the sidelines but a Ryle player went off the playing floor to get a chair to lean on to stretch her leg and then laid down outside the playing floor while trainer worked on her leg. First during that one minute period aren't the players required to stay on the floor and indeed if the player got worked on or was off the floor wasn't it a "T" or at least the player should been replaced?

Let me qualify the following with the fact that I wasn't there so I didn't see anything. I'm strictly asking rules questions.

You are not allowed to sit during a 30 second timeout. If the other team thought it was a 60 and sat the officials (IF they noticed which is key) would go over and tell them it's a 30 and to get up.

What "one minute period" are you talking about?

The softball season did begin 02-15-11, and I do think in district and region play there has to be some organizational conflicts with basketball and softball.

I'd assume that the coach doesn't do any softball until the b-ball season is over.

NDA had a player foul out, both teams came to the sidelines but a Ryle player went off the playing floor to get a chair to lean on to stretch her leg and then laid down outside the playing floor while a trainer worked on her leg. First during that one minute period aren't the players required to stay on the floor and indeed if the player got worked on or was off the floor wasn't it a "T" or at least the player should been replaced?

Most of what I have seen from the 8th Region refs is simple. They either dont know the rules or just dont enforce them like the 9th Region. I think its going to get real interesting when the boys begin play and these questionable antics take place. These types of no calls could get some real attention from some Boys team coaches to say the least. I am sure Ronnie Dawn had a field day with them earlier. I wonder who will get the first bench Technical. Dawn or Fookes.

Let me qualify the following with the fact that I wasn't there so I didn't see anything. I'm strictly asking rules questions.

You are not allowed to sit during a 30 second timeout. If the other team thought it was a 60 and sat the officials (IF they noticed which is key) would go over and tell them it's a 30 and to get up.

What "one minute period" are you talking about?

Isn't the team that has a player foul out, given a minute to replace that player? BTW the stripe indeed told Ryle it was a 30 second as he stood directly in front of one of the coaches and touched his shoulders right in front of him but did nothing about the Ryle players sitting through it!

Isn't the team that has a player foul out, given a minute to replace that player? BTW the stripe indeed told Ryle it was a 30 second as he stood directly in front of one of the coaches and touched his shoulders right in front of him but did nothing about the Ryle players sitting through it!

I believe you have one minute to make a substitution when someone fouls out. Correct?

You have 20 seconds to replace a player that fouled out.

Coach instructs the coach that the player has fouled out and then tells the desk to start the count.