NDA 72 Ryle 62

I be darn, the 8th Region officials got it right! :D

I got to tell you that when I got to the BOKC tonight ( I couldn't attend the games on Monday night due to work) I was told by many that the St. Henry vs. HHS game was without question the worst refereed game that they had ever seen.

Now understand these gentlemen who I won't mention by name have years and years and indeed I mean years of experience of watching HS basketball game and none are HHS or St. Henry people and they all understand the game very, very well. Indeed the HHS fans and the St. Henry fans that I spoke with tonight all said that the stripes were just plain bad, and not a single one of the three should ref another regional game. All of them to a person (and I am talking more than 15/20 people who all spoke this way) said that if this had been a boys game such as a Dixie vs. HHS or Holmes vs. Boone you would have had some big time problems!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to tell you that when I got to the BOKC tonight ( I couldn't attend the games on Monday night due to work) I was told by many that the St. Henry vs. HHS game was without question the worst refereed game that they had ever seen.

Now understand these gentlemen who I won't mention by name have years and years and indeed I mean years of experience of watching HS basketball game and none are HHS or St. Henry people and they all understand the game very, very well. Indeed the HHS fans and the St. Henry fans that I spoke with tonight all said that the stripes were just plain bad, and not a single one of the three should ref another regional game. All of them to a person (and I am talking more than 15/20 people who all spoke this way) said that if this had been a boys game such as a Dixie vs. HHS or Holmes vs. Boone you would have had some big time problems!

It must be a 9th Region thing. There's thread after thread about 9th Region fans commenting on how bad the 9th Region officials are and now that there is the 8th Region officials working the regional, they are still complaining. Do you know how many times I have heard that this game or that game is the worst officiated game someone has seen? We've all heard it.