NDA 72 Ryle 62

First of all let me congratulate the Pandas for a hard fought victory. They played well from the start and deserved their win tonight. I also want to congratulate my Lady Raiders for another exciting season and for giving it all you've got. Your shots didn't fall tonight and getting down 22 makes for a difficult comeback but you would not quit.

I want to thank Abby and Liz for all of their leadership and for giving your all in your Ryle careers. We will miss you.

Do I think our team was a disappointment? Not a chance. They were #1 or #2 locally all year long against a very strong schedule. They were in the State's Top 10 most of the season. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't every team in the State , with the exception of the State Champion, end their season with a loss? Even Coach Fookes with her 600 plus victories has ended every season with a loss. Nothing to be ashamed of, IMO.

Friday's games should be exciting. Good luck to the remaining 4 teams.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that high? I knew it was high but 85% and trust me they all weren't bunnies but quite a few 10 foot jump shots and treys!
NDA miss 3 field goals in the 1st half and the last 2 misses were in the last 2 minutes of the half.

Most of what I have seen from the 8th Region refs is simple. They either dont know the rules or just dont enforce them like the 9th Region. I think its going to get real interesting when the boys begin play and these questionable antics take place. These types of no calls could get some real attention from some Boys team coaches to say the least. I am sure Ronnie Dawn had a field day with them earlier. I wonder who will get the first bench Technical. Dawn or Fookes.

Here we go again! Let's place the blame on the officials. I've seen the 9th Region officials and they are no better than the 8th Region. Actually, I think the 8th Regions top 5 match up with any in the state. There's been alot of threads criticizing the 9th officials (Cooper/Boone boys game for example) so they aren't perfect. I'm sure if Dawn or Fookes act out they will get stuck because the officials don't have to worry about ratings or scratches like they do during the regular season.

Here we go again! Let's place the blame on the officials. I've seen the 9th Region officials and they are no better than the 8th Region. Actually, I think the 8th Regions top 5 match up with any in the state. .

:laugh: I almost fell out of my chair.

OK 20 seconds but can a player who hasn't fouled out leave the playing court?

Rule says to stay in the "confines of the bench." However, it doesn't list a penalty. If the player can get "therapy" in 20 seconds somewhere near the bench it's nothing.

Isn't the team that has a player foul out, given a minute to replace that player? BTW the stripe indeed told Ryle it was a 30 second as he stood directly in front of one of the coaches and touched his shoulders right in front of him but did nothing about the Ryle players sitting through it!

When a player fouls out it is typically 20 seconds they get if I am not mistaken.

Rule says to stay in the "confines of the bench." However, it doesn't list a penalty. If the player can get "therapy" in 20 seconds somewhere near the bench it's nothing.

I be darn, the 8th Region officials got it right! :D

First of all let me congratulate the Pandas for a hard fought victory. They played well from the start and deserved their win tonight. I also want to congratulate my Lady Raiders for another exciting season and for giving it all you've got. Your shots didn't fall tonight and getting down 22 makes for a difficult comeback but you would not quit.

I want to thank Abby and Liz for all of their leadership and for giving your all in your Ryle careers. We will miss you.

Do I think our team was a disappointment? Not a chance. They were #1 or #2 locally all year long against a very strong schedule. They were in the State's Top 10 most of the season. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't every team in the State , with the exception of the State Champion, end their season with a loss? Even Coach Fookes with her 600 plus victories has ended every season with a loss. Nothing to be ashamed of, IMO.

Friday's games should be exciting. Good luck to the remaining 4 teams.

A compliment and a dig at the same time...couldn't resist could you!

Here we go again! Let's place the blame on the officials. I've seen the 9th Region officials and they are no better than the 8th Region. Actually, I think the 8th Regions top 5 match up with any in the state. There's been alot of threads criticizing the 9th officials (Cooper/Boone boys game for example) so they aren't perfect. I'm sure if Dawn or Fookes act out they will get stuck because the officials don't have to worry about ratings or scratches like they do during the regular season.

Not laying blame at all on anyone. Just merely speculating. Tee me up if you would like. LOL

Not laying blame at all on anyone. Just merely speculating. Tee me up if you would like. LOL

Okay, you got one. Now you are confined to your seat. Just having fun, don't take it the wrong way.