Russell 20 Belfry 14

Argus

It will be a different defensive package next week. Obviously the coaching staff was concerned with Belfry's running game. It was a good adjustment by the Belfry staff to get Chapman 1 on 1 and let him use his size to make the play. Lets face it, when was the last time Belfry was forced to throw the ball 11 time in a game?

Russell has faced spread offenses before and faired well against them. The athleticism of Russell's defense, especially in the secondary, allows coach Morris to do alot of different things on that side of the ball.

That is good to hear because we had them last year and they liked to throw throw and then throw. I hear they are a little more diverce this year but I got a feeling they will try to throw alot. Good luck though hope ya guys pull out a win.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek:

That night at Shelby Valley was the first time I have ever heard of a team trying to not let the visiting team warm up on the playing field for pregame. Ever.

Shelby Valley has been the opponent for Belfry's senior night more than once. You should look at the film to see whether they warmed up on the field while Belfry introduced their seniors.

As far as the tunnel situation at Russell, it was an error by the Belfry cheerleaders setting up the tunnel in the wrong place and it was quickly corrected without incident. We've covered it in this thread early on.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! :thumb: I didn't know that Shelby Valley did that to Belfry. But it still doesn't matter! IT is all about repect to the seniors, but anyways I am still waiting replies from all those Belfry fans that said that I didn't know what I was talking about. I said that this Belfry team would not win state. I will say this for Belfry to go that far with what they lost last year is nothing short of a miracle!

Your right it will be a blood bath!!! SV will not win a game next year. They will be horrible. Belfry state championship days are over. When you don't have Howard and jones running the rock! Look for Sheldon Clark to be the team to beat next year!

This type of behavior doesn't supprise me after Belfry coming to Shelby Valley and warming up on the fields while senior night was going on and the parents of the soccer, football, track, cross country and Volleyball team were on the field. I told you that type of no class actions would catch up to you all! :sssh:

I think if you had READ back farther you would see the comments were made by Russell's team to Belfry's cheerleaders. :mad:

Your right it will be a blood bath!!! SV will not win a game next year. They will be horrible. Belfry state championship days are over. When you don't have Howard and jones running the rock! Look for Sheldon Clark to be the team to beat next year!

:laugh: Sheldon Clark might be the team to beat next year, but as far as Belfry's state champion days being over...... :sssh:

I think if you had READ back farther you would see the comments were made by Russell's team to Belfry's cheerleaders. :mad:

Do we have verification that anything was said to the cheerleaders by the team? If so I would like to know so I can talk to them myself.

Do we have verification that anything was said to the cheerleaders by the team? If so I would like to know so I can talk to them myself.

Its on one of the threads here from a cheer mom. Her name is Pirate Pal. I don't know exactly what was said she just says it was too bad to repeat, nor would she repeat it.

It will be a different defensive package next week. Obviously the coaching staff was concerned with Belfry's running game. It was a good adjustment by the Belfry staff to get Chapman 1 on 1 and let him use his size to make the play. Lets face it, when was the last time Belfry was forced to throw the ball 11 time in a game?

Russell has faced spread offenses before and faired well against them. The athleticism of Russell's defense, especially in the secondary, allows coach Morris to do alot of different things on that side of the ball.

I don't think you guys get it. 11 passes is not very many. OC ran 80 offensive plays against FC who had the ball for more or less equal time. OC does more in the time it has. OC passes over 50% of the time. That being said can Russell's DBs cover the pass on potentially 40 plays.

Its a lot of running.

Belfry got over 500 yards last year and yet only won the game by 7 points. OC has a constant moving offense with big play potential ever down.

My point is OC had a young inexperienced defense last year and this year they are bigger and more mature and it shows. OC offense kept them in the game. Any team that gets 500+ yards should win by more than 7 unless the opponent has a tremendously talented explosive wide open offense.

OC is even better this year all around...

OC by 14...

:thumb:

I don't think you guys get it. 11 passes is not very many. OC ran 80 offensive plays against FC who had the ball for more or less equal time. OC does more in the time it has. OC passes over 50% of the time. That being said can Russell's DBs cover the pass on potentially 40 plays.

I get it just fine. 11 passes is a bunch in a run based offense such as Belfry. The only way OC will run 80 plays against Russell is if they keep our offense off the field. We love to grind it out and eat up the clock.

As far as covering the pass. I think that our boys will be fine on potentially 40 pass plays because I can't see OC getting that many off.

But I guess we'll find out Saturday. Should be one heck of a game pitting the RUN against the PASS. :thumb:

Yeah my sister was holding the hoop and she told me they were getting cussed pretty bad. They told them to get off the field and stuff like that. It was just a mistake made honestly by Belfrys cheerleaders I realized it was a mistake when I seen them line up there but they didnt know. Im sure most Russell fans and players knows it was just an honest mistake. Once again good luck in State. :thumb: