Egyptian Protests

I'm a bit unfamiliar with the situation as I've been studying for school and what not but exactly what type of government does Egypt have? Since their leader has been in power for 30 or so years it leads me to believe that it is dictator in-nature but when I search for it, it says that Egypt is a republic. However in a republic, I don't see a leader being in power for that long necessarily deems it so. Do they have any re-elections of any sort there?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit unfamiliar with the situation as I've been studying for school and what not but exactly what type of government does Egypt have? Since their leader has been in power for 30 or so years it leads me to believe that it is dictator in-nature but when I search for it, it says that Egypt is a republic. However in a republic, I don't see a leader being in power for that long necessarily deems it so. Do they have any re-elections of any sort there?

Of course they do. And Mubarak is always elected with 85%+ of the vote. :lol:

Of course they do. And Mubarak is always elected with 85%+ of the vote. :lol:

Here's a joke (and probably not the best telling of it) I've heard a few times about Mubarak: During the 2010 election (or any other), both McCain and Obama thought their only chance at winning the election was to consult Mubarak and learn how to rig the election. Mubarak separately promised both that he would send his best people over to help each of the candidates. However, on election day both Obama and McCain call Cairo in furious anger. Mubarak had been elected president of the United States.

Here's a joke (and probably not the best telling of it) I've heard a few times about Mubarak: During the 2010 election (or any other), both McCain and Obama thought their only chance at winning the election was to consult Mubarak and learn how to rig the election. Mubarak separately promised both that he would send his best people over to help each of the candidates. However, on election day both Obama and McCain call Cairo in furious anger. Mubarak had been elected president of the United States.

Mubarak and ACORN....who da thunk...