St. Louis Cardinals sign Lance Berkman

armsrace

St. Louis has signed their former divisional foe, Lance Berkman to a reported 1 year deal for 8 million dollars.

I think this is a good thing for the Reds. I don't see Berkman being able to play the outfield for more than 100 games. I can't see paying a guy 8 million for part-time duty and with diminishing skills.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great sign for the Cardinals. Got him for a great deal.

Theriot

Rasmus

Pujols

Holliday

Berkman

Freese

Molina

Shoe

I really like that lineup..And they haven't given up any of their prospects.

Yeah, if Berkman's knees allow him to play the outfield more than half the season.

The Cardinals have prospects? Really?

Have fun with him being your everyday player in LF he doesn't cover much ground. It will be worth it just to have him vs the Reds.

They'll sacrifice defense for his bat. I know he's not where he was a few years ago but he is an upgrade from last year. It's interesting the Cardinals are clearly sacrificing their D for more pop in the order. And they have very few top level prospects, which is why not giving up any to get a player is huge.

They'll sacrifice defense for his bat. I know he's not where he was a few years ago but he is an upgrade from last year. It's interesting the Cardinals are clearly sacrificing their D for more pop in the order. And they have very few top level prospects, which is why not giving up any to get a player is huge.

He's really not a HUGE upgrade. Although he is bettter than what they had last year. Not worth 8 million at all, IMO.