Trinity 35 St. Xavier 7

loubballfan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comes from the "friend of a friend" source, but it appears Ryan Steffy is out for the season for T. Still trying to figure out if it was a cheap shot or not and by whom. Anyone? Luckily I think T has plenty of guys in line to catch footballs, but I feel bad that Steffy's high school career is over. I feel bad whenever this happens to ANY kid on ANY team.

What more could I have said? I have said from the beginning of the year that this is the best Trinity team ever only to be surpassed by next years team.

I hate losing to Trinity. No....I HATE LOSING TO TRINITY!!!!!

Enjoy your trip to Ryle. They were some of the best fans to come into Thomas More Paige Stadium last year. I was looking forward to paying them a visit.

Alan

You can still make the trip and ride up with us. Would love to have you.

Thanks for the comments.

This comes from the "friend of a friend" source, but it appears Ryan Steffy is out for the season for T. Still trying to figure out if it was a cheap shot or not and by whom. Anyone? Luckily I think T has plenty of guys in line to catch footballs, but I feel bad that Steffy's high school career is over. I feel bad whenever this happens to ANY kid on ANY team.

It wasn't a cheap shot.

The thrill and excitement that we enjoyed on a cold night in Bowling Green last year was met with nervous anticipation at halftime last Friday. St X had played accordingly to their game plan and had executed it to a 7-7 stalemate, and most importantly, instilled fear that the improbable could come true. But Trinity marched right down the field to start the second half and converted the errors that we made.

Hats off to two individual Trinity players who impressed the heck out of me- Ryan White and Travis Wright. St X made a decision to run at Ryan White and time and time again, he took on the blockers and made play after play. I don't know his height and weight but he just threw his body in harms way and stopped the runs to his side.

Travis Wright made play fake after play fake and eluded the seemingly slow defensive line of St X when we did get pressure on them. The fourth down throw in the opening drive was huge.

I saw one pass thrown behind Quick and the one interception but I thought every play was flawless. He plays well beyond his sophomore years.

From the coaching standpoint- Trinity did a good job getting Quick and Daylyn isolated in the flat with passes or sweeps. St X repeated the mistakes inside the 10 that they did in 2005 and 2007 by going on a long count and having an X lineman jump offsides, and then going for it on 4th down. Maybe some year we'll take the 3 points.

Defending the X coaches- You scout Trinity's alignment, you practice the kickoff away from Quick, Raque puts the ball perfectly where he was aiming, the Trinity return man bobbles the ball, X is in position just like Seneca and Ballard kickoff returns, and Trinity just makes a move and returns the kickoff to the X 45, instead of the 5-10 yard line where Seneca and Ballard got tackled.

That is true talent, Trinity has it and you just have to respect that.

Best of luck to the Rocks, and we'll see you in the district next year. Beware of Male this year- NO ONE is talking about them and giving them the credit. They are flying under the radar.

The thrill and excitement that we enjoyed on a cold night in Bowling Green last year was met with nervous anticipation at halftime last Friday. St X had played accordingly to their game plan and had executed it to a 7-7 stalemate, and most importantly, instilled fear that the improbable could come true. But Trinity marched right down the field to start the second half and converted the errors that we made.

Hats off to two individual Trinity players who impressed the heck out of me- Ryan White and Travis Wright. St X made a decision to run at Ryan White and time and time again, he took on the blockers and made play after play. I don't know his height and weight but he just threw his body in harms way and stopped the runs to his side.

Travis Wright made play fake after play fake and eluded the seemingly slow defensive line of St X when we did get pressure on them. The fourth down throw in the opening drive was huge.

I saw one pass thrown behind Quick and the one interception but I thought every play was flawless. He plays well beyond his sophomore years.

From the coaching standpoint- Trinity did a good job getting Quick and Daylyn isolated in the flat with passes or sweeps. St X repeated the mistakes inside the 10 that they did in 2005 and 2007 by going on a long count and having an X lineman jump offsides, and then going for it on 4th down. Maybe some year we'll take the 3 points.

Defending the X coaches- You scout Trinity's alignment, you practice the kickoff away from Quick, Raque puts the ball perfectly where he was aiming, the Trinity return man bobbles the ball, X is in position just like Seneca and Ballard kickoff returns, and Trinity just makes a move and returns the kickoff to the X 45, instead of the 5-10 yard line where Seneca and Ballard got tackled.

Best of luck to the Rocks, and we'll see you in the district next year. Beware of Male this year- NO ONE is talking about them and giving them the credit. They are flying under the radar.

jimmyref, Thanks for the comments. As a father of a son that lost twice to the Tigers last year, I found myself thinking about my son and his teammates and the similarities between the 09 Rocks to this group of Tigers alot on Friday night. Both teams had alot of injuries to fight through and found themselves playing kids both ways to try and get it done. The 2009 Rocks faced a Great X team last year, and even though this Rock team is talented, I don't think they would have beaten last seasons Senior laden Tigers. With that said, by the time this group are Seniors they just might be the best Trinity team of all time.

JR

NIce post. Well stated. YOu may have a valid point about Male - but noone I know is looking that far ahead.

We need to get by Friday first. Thanks again for the honest anyalysis.:thumb: