Trading Game Film Question

sidelinedoc

I have previously posted in a thread that I thought game film etiquette was to trade the last 2 played games. I am not aware of anything that says that it is required (KHSAA), but I was wondering if anyone could comment on what is factual and what is myth.
Common courtesy is that teams trade films, although there are no rules specifying such. I think the custom is the last three games, not the last two.

I honestly think it may be a regional thing. I know that in NEKY, most teams trade the last 2 games.

I'm pretty sure in our area, we trade two films, one being the last game, and the second being at the choice of the team that is suppling the films.

I'm pretty sure in our area, we trade two films, one being the last game, and the second being at the choice of the team that is suppling the films.

Yep, you got it. Two films. They don't have to be the previous two games, but most of the time they are. However, there is no rule saying that they have to be the last two.

I've heard of teams trading a blank tape. One school filmed games at such a wide angle, the tops of the lights across the field were visible. I know of one western Kentucky school that edited out all special teams plays, including kickoffs, punts, and extra points. A few years back, one school got busted for editing the plays and showing the quarters out of sequence. I'm sure there are other stories out there. Just because a team trades film, it doesn't mean you're getting something that helps. :lol: