Bishop Brossart looking for new Varsity Soccer Coach

BBsports

Ummmm, both male coaches of boys teams . . . . . . . I think the pattern that was eluded to in an earlier post was that it has been girls coaches who have either been let go or decided on their own to leave. I don't think that's just a coincidence either. One has to ask - why is this? Until that has been answered and the problem taken care of, don't expect that pattern to change any time in the future. If you rock the boat at all in girls sports at Brossart, you are displaced - not so much in boys sports.

Very interesting, never thought of it but I could see where it could look that way. Have heard 9 have applied for job, don't know of any names.

I'm sure one would be Kevin E. but with the AD passing on him the first time he would be what "Mustang" would call a long shot.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt that AD would even consider hiring K.E. even if he was the best choice because then the AD would have to admit he made an error in his last hire and that will not happen. Not too confident with the hiring procedure of the AD. His track record over the years has been very poor.But whomever they hire should be aware of the pattern of releasing girls coaches.

Very interesting, never thought of it but I could see where it could look that way. Have heard 9 have applied for job, don't know of any names.

I'm sure one would be Kevin E. but with the AD passing on him the first time he would be what "Mustang" would call a long shot.

Doubt that AD would even consider hiring K.E. even if he was the best choice because then the AD would have to admit he made an error in his last hire and that will not happen. Not too confident with the hiring procedure of the AD. His track record over the years has been very poor.But whomever they hire should be aware of the pattern of releasing girls coaches

If we're going to criticize the AD, I wish some of us were more specific. Except for Deimling, I do not think that anyone has been fired from Brossart. From what I understnad, everyone else resigned. Is there anyone in particular who left when they didn't want to? Can comeone give specific answers.

The AD had told the girls soccer players three weeks before the season ended that he was going to replace the whole coaching staff and I know the coaches involved had no knowledge of that. Is that specific enough for you? Coach Bray resigned because of several reasons but I'm sure hearing he was going to be replaced before the season was even over had somelthing to do with his decision.

The AD had told the girls soccer players three weeks before the season ended that he was going to replace the whole coaching staff and I know the coaches involved had no knowledge of that. Is that specific enough for you? Coach Bray resigned because of several reasons but I'm sure hearing he was going to be replaced before the season was even over had somelthing to do with his decision.

Anyone can come up with one example to support anything. What other coaches have surprisingly resigned?

Anyone can come up with one example to support anything. What other coaches have surprisingly resigned?
Ahhh, gee let me think - maybe the girls basketball coach from last year - decided in June to leave. But also heard the AD was bragging to others that he made that decision for him to leave, not the coach. Need I continue to site more examples? How many more do you need?

If the AD didn't want him to leave then why was he telling a lot of people that HE was going to get rid of him and took credit for him leaving? I moved here about 7 years ago from Richmond so I don't know the whole history at Brossart but from what others have told me and from what I've seen myself, I don't understand how an AD can publicly make these claims to others in the community and NOT think that it will get back to those involved. Doesn't seem to be very professional on his part. And yes it does appear as if Brossart's AD loves to "toot his own horn" as you stated. Does Brossart's AD do anything else but that job? Does he teach at the school or have other duties?

Nine applications for the girls soccer coaching position at Brossart. Seems like a lot, especially with the problems being discussed within this thread.

I guess you are in the know or the AD is making it public, which if that is the case, I see absolutely NO reason why an AD would feel he would have to reveal how many have applied. But he seems to do it everytime there is a process of hiring a new coach so I don't know why we would expect anything different. I see no reason at all why anyone except for the AD and principal should know how many applied. But I think that goes with "tooting your own horn" again. Just seems a bit unprofessional to release information like that.