Pitino: Gorgui Dieng is Ineligible

Getslow

Do you know what class he is lacking?

It's not necessarily that he's missing a specific class. There's a whole list of classes that fill each classification so he didn't meet the requirements in one of the classifications. There's not a specific class that he's lacking.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand the rule. There is some point that you have to scratch your head. He macked he ACT, which should've been good enough on its own. If not, I wish the NCAA would come up with an aptitude test for all non-qualifiers, and if they passed it, they're in.
What?! What does the ACT have to do with core class requirements and classroom achievement? I hope the kid gets to go to UL and play because it sorta sounds like the kid's being punished for studying in a system that doesn't exactly align with our educational system, but I don't think it's OK to say that all the academic requirements should be waived just because someone does well on one test (ACT).

What?! What does the ACT have to do with core class requirements and classroom achievement? I hope the kid gets to go to UL and play because it sorta sounds like the kid's being punished for studying in a system that doesn't exactly align with our educational system, but I don't think it's OK to say that all the academic requirements should be waived just because someone does well on one test (ACT).

This is a special case. The kid is from a different country. As a student in a differnent country maybe, just maybe, the NCAA should be ok w/ the fact that he took the courses required by his country. Additionally, I find it amazing that if a kid gets a 31 on the ACT, he would get an academic scholarship to the University, yet the NCAA believes that he shouldn't qualify to play sports. It's nonsensical.

I'm always skeptical when I hear about ACT scores. However, if this kid did get a 31 and is ruled academically ineligible while Bledsoe was ruled eligible it would seem to be an injustice.
You mean Bledsoe didn't score in the 30's on his ACT??? I can't believe that... :p

• 3 weeks later...