Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino: Gorgui Dieng is Ineligible

Featured Replies

Do you know what class he is lacking?

 

It's not necessarily that he's missing a specific class. There's a whole list of classes that fill each classification so he didn't meet the requirements in one of the classifications. There's not a specific class that he's lacking.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I understand the rule. There is some point that you have to scratch your head. He macked he ACT, which should've been good enough on its own. If not, I wish the NCAA would come up with an aptitude test for all non-qualifiers, and if they passed it, they're in.
What?! What does the ACT have to do with core class requirements and classroom achievement? I hope the kid gets to go to UL and play because it sorta sounds like the kid's being punished for studying in a system that doesn't exactly align with our educational system, but I don't think it's OK to say that all the academic requirements should be waived just because someone does well on one test (ACT).
At the end of the day, this is supposed to be about the student athlete, right?
:thumb: :thumb:
What?! What does the ACT have to do with core class requirements and classroom achievement? I hope the kid gets to go to UL and play because it sorta sounds like the kid's being punished for studying in a system that doesn't exactly align with our educational system, but I don't think it's OK to say that all the academic requirements should be waived just because someone does well on one test (ACT).

 

This is a special case. The kid is from a different country. As a student in a differnent country maybe, just maybe, the NCAA should be ok w/ the fact that he took the courses required by his country. Additionally, I find it amazing that if a kid gets a 31 on the ACT, he would get an academic scholarship to the University, yet the NCAA believes that he shouldn't qualify to play sports. It's nonsensical.

Did he take Algebra 3 before Algebra 2? That would have helped.

Did he take Algebra 3 before Algebra 2? That would have helped.
I think you are on to something. :clap:

I'm always skeptical when I hear about ACT scores. However, if this kid did get a 31 and is ruled academically ineligible while Bledsoe was ruled eligible it would seem to be an injustice.

I'm always skeptical when I hear about ACT scores. However, if this kid did get a 31 and is ruled academically ineligible while Bledsoe was ruled eligible it would seem to be an injustice.
You mean Bledsoe didn't score in the 30's on his ACT??? I can't believe that... :p
I'm always skeptical when I hear about ACT scores. However, if this kid did get a 31 and is ruled academically ineligible while Bledsoe was ruled eligible it would seem to be an injustice.

No doubt.

You mean Bledsoe didn't score in the 30's on his ACT??? I can't believe that... :p

 

Bledsoe can barely talk. :lol:

Ruling has been reversed and Dieng is cleared to play right away...

^ Just confirmed it as well. That is tremendous news for Louisville.

Ruling has been reversed and Dieng is cleared to play right away...

Very cool.

Slick Rick needed that.

Glad for the kid, seemed like he got a raw deal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.