Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino: Gorgui Dieng is Ineligible

Featured Replies

Not a Louisville fan and actually hope they never win another game but if what I'm reading is true then this is a shame. If the young man is that intelligent it is truely a shame.

 

Very much agree. The rivalry w/ UL should have nothing to do with this. You want what's best for the kids in a situation like this.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, what happened to the rest of their class?

 

Roburt Sallie couldn't get into grad school at UL so he would not have been eligible to get the NCAA waiver needed to transfer and not sit out a season. Justin Coleman was always a well known academic risk and he didn't qualify...

Roburt Sallie couldn't get into grad school at UL so he would not have been eligible to get the NCAA waiver needed to transfer and not sit out a season. Justin Coleman was always a well known academic risk and he didn't qualify...

 

And the Smith kid is injured for a few weeks, correct?

And the Smith kid is injured for a few weeks, correct?

 

Yeah...

Heard he got a 31 on his ACT, is that true?

 

 

Supposedly he scored a 31, which would place him in the top percentile of all students taking that exam is what I heard. Also I've read it was mentioned that US history is a required core course. I doubt many Senegal schools would even think of teaching a US history course.

FWIW, UL could not appeal unless the kid was only one course short of qualifying. So he's only missing one core course.

Do you even know why he was ruled ineligible?

 

Yes, They are questioning his transcript.

Very much agree. The rivalry w/ UL should have nothing to do with this. You want what's best for the kids in a situation like this.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

While I understand the rule. There is some point that you have to scratch your head. He macked he ACT, which should've been good enough on its own. If not, I wish the NCAA would come up with an aptitude test for all non-qualifiers, and if they passed it, they're in.

At the end of the day, this is supposed to be about the student athlete, right?

Supposedly he scored a 31, which would place him in the top percentile of all students taking that exam is what I heard. Also I've read it was mentioned that US history is a required core course. I doubt many Senegal schools would even think of teaching a US history course.

 

As far as I know this is not entirely true, you must have at least 2 social science classes.

As far as I know this is not entirely true, you must have at least 2 social science classes.

Do you know what class he is lacking?

At the end of the day, this is supposed to be about the student athlete, right?

 

Well it's at least the company line. The NCAA is and always will be a joke.

 

I always thought it was a joke that Chris Mills could accept money from UK, then transfer and play in the NCAA tournament while Pelphry, Farmer, etc had to sit at home and watch him on TV. Now here is another kid who will be watching.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.